• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

project Dart

managed to lift the rear end in place with a jack.missed to order new original U bolts
CIMG0227.JPG

instaled new seal & backingplates.there is no
CIMG0229.JPG
hurry to get it ready for the road winter is still precent

dr diff anti tapered axel kit is installed,a big improvment
CIMG0234.JPG

flatened u bolts a little long but can be used if a want to try ss springs
CIMG0237.JPG

clearence between leaf spring and tire 265x15
CIMG0239.JPG

car on ground not much left to do on the projekt.going to install a safety harnes from CROW its ordered waiting for delivery
CIMG0244.JPG

clearence between leaf spring and tire 265x15View attachment 1093908

Hows the clearance in front of the tire. Mine was close like yours looking at it from the rear but it was too close looking at it from the front. I should have used 4 -1/4" back space wheels in stead of 4 -1/2". Had to use 1/4" spacers.

Hows the clearance in front of the tire. Mine was close like yours looking at it from the rear but it was too close looking at it from the front. I should have used 4 -1/4" back space wheels in stead of 4 -1/2". Had to use 1/4" spacers.
Hi Kid! clearence in front of tire is 12mm= 0.472" got spacers with willwood discbrake conversion and a probably use them.have waited for mopar b body torque strap to appear in any supliers store but nothing has happened /Mike

Last edited:
Hi Kid! clearence in front of tire is 12mm= 0.472" got spacers with willwood discbrake conversion and a probably use them.have waited for mopar b body torque strap to appear in any supliers store but nothing has happened /Mike

Start a "Want to Buy" thread on the torque strap. Also watch Ebay.

wheel alignment at a local carshop
CIMG0250.JPG

Last edited:
first drive checking for leaks, found that heater core leaks a little get fog on windshield.
CIMG0252.JPG

Last edited:
the dart feels verry powerful gerbox shift nicly and the eaton trutrac works perfectly with no noice
CIMG0254.JPG
CIMG0253.JPG

a contrast compare to the vw 1950 25hp dart 534 hp calculated
but it`s fun driving despite primitivnes

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back