• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Project freshen up: 1968 Charger

Actually, the steering column went in today along with the master cylinder; brakes got bled & fired it up. thanks to the good people here, I got the PS gearbox issue addressed this afternoon. Just have a couple of minor electrical issues to take care of, which, of course, has to be expected. Next will be to call the glass man to install a new front windshield & install the rear windshield, alignment & a trip to the local exhaust shop to heat up and tweak a headpipe.

Well, it's just about all freshened up. Got the A/C ducts in place, the bucket seats reinstalled & the old magnum wheels (that came with the car) back on it. I loaned my buddy my 15"magnums with redlines for a while & once I get them on the car it'll look pretty sharp. Going for an alignment next week & hopefully, the glass guys will come shortly thereafter. Here's some fresh pictures....

Attachments

• DSCF8047.jpg
    DSCF8047.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 418
  • DSCF8051.jpg
    DSCF8051.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 419
  • DSCF8052.jpg
    DSCF8052.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 424
  • DSCF8053.jpg
    DSCF8053.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 673
Got my wheels back...........

Attachments

• DSCF8073.jpg
    DSCF8073.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 334
  • DSCF8074.jpg
    DSCF8074.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 340
  • DSCF8075.jpg
    DSCF8075.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 327
I can't wait to start assembling mine! I know it's not easy, but by watching yours come together I know I can do it! Beautifull!

Sweet! You're doing a fantastic job as always.

What took place with your wheel restoration?

They look great!

Thanks for the compliments everyone. I'll roll it out of the garage this weekend and take some better picture. I do think that the whole package really looks nice & even though I am a purist, this color is a big improvement over the original gold.

Sweet! You're doing a fantastic job as always.

What took place with your wheel restoration?

They look great!

I had those wheels on my Hemi Charger. The wheels came from Wheel Vintique & the redlines came from Diamondback Tires.

A few pictures taken today...

Attachments

• DSCF8081.jpg
    DSCF8081.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 255
  • DSCF8083.jpg
    DSCF8083.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 279
  • DSCF8086.jpg
    DSCF8086.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 269
  • DSCF8085.jpg