• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Project long haul...

Looking good Ron! Like everyone said, the runner will wait for you, take them time you need with the family while they need you there! I am in a similar situation where my wife is going back to work as a shift work nurse from maternity leave and I will have to watch outer little guy on my own more often so garage time will be limited. I am placing my order soon with AMD for quarters, tail panel etc. Good to see progress!

Thanks guys! 69 GTX im watching pretty close, so far everything looking good... Pat, watching the little one will give you time for notes and maybe some computer homework to help you with the build, seems i find different and helpful things reading forums and even some restoration shows on TV, ideas come in various forms some helpful! Thanks again guys...

Guys, in-between waiting for parts or materials i sometimes find myself doing other work on the car and i came across a couple pictures that i cant seem to find in this thread so ill put them in, the holes (spot welds) drilled out on the bottom of firewall, the bad spot on the left is the one patch in the other pictures i started to repair, with all the new metal replacement parts i don't have a choice about, i am trying to keep as much of the original metal as i can, and i will do it as long as im not compromising the metal that it is not as strong and good as it can be, a lot of replacement parts i can get from Mark, not original to my bird but original 1969 metal for the crazies :)... i get as i imagine you all do once in awhile with people thinking im nuts to stuff money in a car like this and endure quotes like when i put all that Eastwood's encapsulater rust inhibitor inside the rockers and rails :HEY RON, why don't you just have it dipped in a big pool of that stuff!" lol, i love it and i say well, i made the remark that if this car ever rusts again someone can dig me up and explain it lol, hey, maybe i wont want bothered in 40 years after all this November im going to be 60, im not going to wake up to an old man (now young) and have any guff from him rofl... anyway, back to the program!

100_3422.jpg100_3423.jpg100_3428.jpg100_3425.jpgmopp_0909_12_z+mopar_muscle_true_street_challenge+front_view.jpgmopp_1010_01_o+1969_plymouth_road_runner+roadrunner.jpgmopp_1010_03_o+1969_plymouth_road_runner+back_view.jpgView attachment 271067
A little of some cool 69 car **** we all like! My Mopar Muscle Magazine does a great job with featured cars, that black one looks so cool with the white gauges in it, the whole car is incredible.. That drag strip beauty has some great rubber on the back and a stance i do like.. That last black one is very cool :tongueflap:

Hi guys! I have been gone awhile and pretty busy with things and then i had a good problem that has had me laid up about a week, my ulcer decided to flare up and stay there, my doctor has me on some meds that as of this afternoon seems to have got it under control, im not complaining about it but the biggest problem i need to get in check according to the doc is stop worrying about everything, that is harder for me then watching what i eat with mom at the top of my list and then the other things lol, i know were not supposed to worry but man, just stop it, to me its easier said then done! Mom is failing fast due to the renial failer but she seems to be in good spirits most of the time but she is sleeping a lot and she is not eating so i guess we will just be ready. Like i said, or didn't say, feeling better this afternoon i started thinking of some of the smaller things ill be needing this winter for the car and what brought that to mind is a friend of Kyle came over just prier to the ulcer delaimea and he moved 2 SM's and 3 BB's into the corner of the new add on, nice and neat easy to get to if i need them with the 383 sitting proudly out front so i can work on it, my engine stand is in the other part in the corner with the 73 400 on it and i cant get it out with out taking the car out so im looking for a cheap engine stand maybe even a HF deal, i can weld support pieces to strength it. But i was going thru my AMD catalog and i cant seem to find any torque box's, i want to add some back in the car being im doing everything else, my intentions are to build the 440 and if im doing that im going to do it right and i don't want to be concerned with extra HP and TQ possibly giving me a problem.. Anyone know where to look for these and exactly what to get would be appreciated!! Leaving my AMD out on the porch somehow some pages are missing and Sue and Gabby girl swear innocence, 3 people hear and when something is missing or broke its always me somehow who did it, lol, i can take it though, peace in my family is needed and wanted :) Im sorry for such a long story to get to the question, maybe i should have gone out and done some welding with this new found "belly/back better" :) ill be back with a regular update soon im sure, its finally raining and supposed to i guess for a few days, no complaints the garden needs it and 17 trees i planted so maybe back on the 69 for a little bit, im ahead enough now i refuse to cut wood in the rain! Thanks fellas!!!

One more ? before im between the sheets, Anyone know where to go to find out how many of our cars were painted there original color? Thanks again...

Last edited:
I got to tell ya Ron, your getting a heck of a lot done here. Those welds are looking pretty darn good too. You'll have that car all in primer in no time.

Hey Ron - glad to hear that you're feeling better - that always helps out when you need to get things done.

Got mom in my thoughts and prayers . . .

US Cartools for the torque boxes - http://store.uscartool.com/Torque-Boxes-Set-of-four-4-for-1966--1970-Mopar-B-Bodies_p_32.html

Bought a bunch of things from them and I've always been happy with the quality of their parts ( and they are American made too ! )

Ditto. My car has US Car Tool stiffeners - not just torque boxes, but also sub frame connectors, fender and radiator support pieces. The car rides really solid, so IMHO they are worth every penny...

You have a 440 and a 400, why not combine the 2? The only real additional cost is having the 440 crankshaft mains turned down and 4 throws cut for clearance to fit the 400 block. You gain cubes, loose weight and gain a little extra room............ about the cheapest way to pick up a few ponies. Glad to see your back at it Ron.

I used the US Car Tool torque boxes on my Charger Ron. They are very beefy pieces.

We will keep you all in our thoughts Ron. Best of wishes for you and your mom's health problems.

There is another web site called the Road Runner Nest. On there they have a lot of stuff broken down by percentages. You may be able to break it down like that for color.

Like everyone above has mentioned, the US Car Tool stuff is top notch US quality stuff.

I really like the photos you posted. That's a hard choice to pick from. I really like the red one.

Fellas, i have been doing some grinding on the inner fender and quarter skin, i still need to do some more welding, lots of it, but im slowly making progress, ill get my camera and put some pictures of my work in here although it doesn't seem to be much to me.. I do thank all you guys for taking a interest in another old bird, ill be happy when its done i guess but i do really love doing them but i have more then enough time at this rate..
I thank you all for the link and i will be checking that out, better now then wait and wish it was done later... Roger i wish i were getting a lot done on the car, mainly because i love doing it but winter will be here sooner then i expect and then ill be back at it a lot if all gos well, im getting things ready and don't have all that much to get and do and then i can just keep the stove hot and out on the car to work on it.. i thank you all for the well wishes for mom and my ulcer, im feeling pretty good in the old belly with this new medicine they gave me!!! Mom is holding on but she is failing, were doing what we can, shes led a long life and all i and the family pray for is the end will be peaceful, its hard to say it but none of us will escape death, one in one dies, i think the statistics say...
All is going as good as can be, some things are better then good! a day at a time and we will overcome, even a stubborn old bird wont beat us! Not this time anyway lol.. Sundays we do nothing, well i did run the battery down bad in the 73 listening to the radio and enjoying the evening, i took this one picture and have no idea why when i should have went in and took some of the work i have done, but ill leave it. ill have more of work done and planned work and i myself enjoy seeing pictures of other things you guys have going on in the resting hours while building your projects.., it was 90 degrees here today, hot is a great way to put it but sooner then we want, its going to get cold... hope you all have a good one! :)

100_3622.jpg

Hey Ron, that looks like one beautiful evening pic. We have been really smoky here in Montana with all the forest fires to the West of us.

Slow progress is still progress on your bird my friend. Thanks to conv67bdere, and you for the lead on the torque boxes, I just might have to put some of those on my 67 this winter before I really break something!

Thoughts and prayers are with you and your mom, I know it is tough.

Keep up the good work!

That's a very cool picture Ron. Thanks for sharing. It looks very peaceful and quiet.

I LIKE IT !!!!!

I think all of us have drained down the battery listening to the tunes in our cars at one time or another. That brings back fond memories of my youth. Wrenching on your car while listening to the radio.

Glad to hear your feeling better.

- - - Updated - - -

Hang in there buddy. We are keeping you and your mom in our thoughts a d prayers.

Hang in there bud, I hope and pray that things go well for you and your family. Beautiful place you got Ron, looks very peaceful.

Wow bud you got a lot done . Cars looking better every time I pop in . Glad to hear your feeling better ,at least your pills make you feel better .I feel worse and worse every day I can't wait till they fix me the right way so I can stop taking these pills .
Sorry to hear about mom getting worse . It's inevitable we all die all you can do is spend lots of time with her and keep her comfortable,
when my grandfather started to slow down I made sure I went to see him at least 2-3 times a week we just sat around and b.s. we would play chess (he was n.y. state champ at some point in his life) he would let me win.
And when he finally passed I was ok with it because I knew I spent lots of time with him (unlike my brother and sister) and made the remainder of his life better . My brother and sister regret not seeing him as much as I did now it's to late . Family is the most important thing the car will wait .
It's nice to see even with all your hurtals your still going strong keep it up.

Thanks a bunch guys, i will tell mom although im sure she wont understand, I would like to think she will be around for one more CHRISTmas but she is not good so we do what we can, enough said.... i did manage to finally get my pictures for you but im playing with the new windows 10, i hope i have this part right lol
Before i down load these (i do hope) the radiator i bought from EBAY, i would need to try to find the paper on it to tell ya the price of it but i am very happy with it in my 73! some POR-15 on the inside of skins after roughing the metal up with some sand paper so it sticks well (Thanks Joel "elk" ) rust inhibitor under window mechanisms and skin on and bottom and top spot welded in place, one final check of everything and then a LOT of weldin! one patch while i was waiting on some things went onto the firewall on P-side, not done yet but its started... I will leave a picture of Gabby girls new Lab pup, he doesn't look perky as normal but i was in a hurry, also our garden (cant wait for canning don't ya know :) ) but we use and love tomatoes, peppers will be cut and froze and winter squash will last us the winter, a small portion of wood im getting ready for to, lots to keep busy but when winter comes, as long as the stove is filled, im happy in my small shop, getting larger though:) and taking care of Gab's when she gets home, life is good guys...i hope to be back soon... and it will be great with the 73 inside this winter again, no money now so a huge tarp will go over this 18-21, next year ill tackle enclosing it right... I greased the front end today, hopefully tomorrow ill be washing and if all gos right the second waxing of the year, ill put it back under the roof until we go somewhere with the car cover on to keep the dust off, dirt roads is a pain with keeping cars clean but we love the country side of living...

View attachment 270913View attachment 270914View attachment 270915View attachment 270916View attachment 270917View attachment 270918View attachment 270919View attachment 270920
View attachment 270922View attachment 270923View attachment 270924View attachment 270925View attachment 270926View attachment 270927View attachment 270928View attachment 270929

Hi Guys, im using this old post because im working on enclosing this building, car port because i need to do some work on my son in laws SUV, he wants it done as soon as possible so i did want to wait until next summer to enclose all this and connect it with my little shop which is the same but, i did say i would help him out but to work on the 69 right now, actually all fall and into winter i had work to do and my mom to deal with, Not much of an update but i do sneak in a little time doing things and i hope to be back at it by spring, hopefully sooner lol... once this is enclosed it shouldn't take to long to do his SUV and then i hope to be back to normal, which seems a very long time ago sometimes :) The rest of you sure are doing some great work, i love to check it out when i can do it.. making me a bit envious for sure.. Talk soon and maybe ill have some kind of pictures as we get all this together...

- - - Updated - - -

A little P.S. :) I hate to try to find a wood burning kit, tool? But i thought i would ask you all if you have a used one i could get (buy), When i went to the saw mill to buy 2-4's i brought home a piece of slab wood i want to make something on it when i can so i thought i would ask, just something to burn some lettering on it...

Aren`t most wood burning tools just basically a high powered soldering iron? Heat up a nail in a torch and burn with it.

Hey Ron, maybe get online and see what they are new at some hobby stores then check ebay, amazon, etc. That way you'll have a price range that you can work with.

Auto Transport Service
Back