• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Project Rat Rod V code 70 Charger R/T is about to begin.

If you are looking for more adjustability I can see using individual lines with separate schrader valves, but for my cars having it go up evenly is what I am looking for.

The main problem with the tee is when cornering, the air moves from the compressed shock to the other one causing that side to be a lot higher.

They should have one way check valves to prevent that. If you did a lot of hard cornering I could see where this could be an issue.

I dropped off the rear axles today to have the green bearings pressed on them. The guy who does them won't be able to do them until Monday. Today I am going to break open the Right Stuff rear wheel disc brake kit and see what is involved with getting the kit installed on the car.

Some people would think that I was suffering from OCD,but I cleaned and clear coated all the parts in the new Right Stuff rear wheel disc brake kit. My reasoning for doing this is that it really bothers me to put brand new parts on my car,and have them end up looking like they came on the car back in 1970 a month after being installed on the car. I used high heat clear on the parts,then I used 1200 degree heat heat silver paint on the rotors front, back and in the cooling fins,then I cleaned the paint off the contact areas for the pads. I just think that it keeps the new parts looking new a lot longer. I am not going to drive the car in the winter or on wet days, but sometimes you can get caught in the rain when you have the car out,and some protection on the bare metal parts cannot hurt. The Right Stuff kit looks like a good quality rear brake conversion kit.
20210626_194633.jpg
20210626_194638.jpg
20210626_194642.jpg
20210626_194646.jpg

Things are looking excellent over there:thumbsup:

It's getting there Steve,It's not gonna make Carlisle,because my job has me working too many hours to wrap it up,but it will be out on the road this year. I have a long shopping list for Carlisle.

They should have one way check valves to prevent that. If you did a lot of hard cornering I could see where this could be an issue.
Anyone that has air shocks in a car that sees a lot of cornering is doing it wrong.

1 sweat.jpg

Spend the money on the right shock!

I only put them in to keep the wheel tub off the top of the tires KD,I'm not gonna chop up the wheel tubs on a V code car. My other Chargers are going to get the Kern Dog wheel well treatment. I'm not going autocrossing with this car.

I didn't get much done on the car yesterday, me and the wife parked our asses on the beach! Sometimes you need to take some quality time!
20210627_183311.jpg

My wife picked up the axles with the bearings pressed on today. I had to work late last night so I couldn't pick them up yesterday. Depending on what time I get out of work today, I might get to install them in the car.

My wife picked up the axles today,and they look great! He charged me $80 to press the old ones off,and install the new ones. I just finished push mowing out in the heat for a few hours at work,and it's about 90 degrees in the garage so they are not getting installed tonight!

20210702_193842.jpg
20210702_194323.jpg
20210702_210108.jpg
20210702_210126.jpg
Tonight I got the axles installed,and the rear wheel disc brake kit installed,making some progress!

Last edited:
Read the entire build thread. What a journey it's been! Can't wait to see and hear the finished product, you have to post up a video.
What all cars do you have?

Read the entire build thread. What a journey it's been! Can't wait to see and hear the finished product, you have to post up a video.
What all cars do you have?
Uh oh, you asked Pete how many cars he has. There might not be enough bytes on the internet.

Auto Transport Service
Back