• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Proper 1975 period replacement spark plug cables/boots question

JWKetron

Local time
8:57 AM
Reaction score
I am still running the 1975 factory spark plug wires and connectors on my low milage Plymouth Fury. Does anyone know of a new set I can find identical or close to the originals? The originals are radio suppressed black wires with a orange spark plug boot going into the spark plug.

Jon

Mega Parts carries them, or they should have them. They had mine for my stock 318 Dart.

Thank you for the reply. I will look at those guys. Here are pictures of what is currently on the car. This car sat in storage most of it's life, 29k original miles since 1975 and garage kept it whole life.

20240331_192342.jpg

20240331_192344.jpg

20240331_192356.jpg

20240331_192348.jpg

I appreciate the response and retract my previous comment. New to the 1970s Plymouth scene. Thank you for letting me know. Would the originals have mopar script on them?

Jon

I appreciate the response and retract my previous comment. New to the 1970s Plymouth scene. Thank you for letting me know. Would the originals have mopar script on them?

Jon
Yes they would of had Mopar and a pentastar logo as I remember.

Packard made plug leads for different manufacturers; these had a carbon track that carried the spark current. Very high resistance 10-30,0000 ohms. The carbon was also liable to break & cause hard to find misfires.

I saw on another forum that Packard now make wires with a heli wound conductor; this is metal, usually copper or s/steel. I think they were 8mm. These have much lower resistance & are pretty much bullet proof. These would be the leads to get for reliability...or similar wire/heli/spiral wound.

Auto Transport Service
Back