• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PST's poly strut rod bushing help

1970GTX

Local time
2:37 AM
Reaction score
I'm replacing my old strut rod bushings with the PST Polygraphite bushings. The old style has the large washer on each end with a sleeve and collar inside which the nut threads up against. I don't see how to use it with the new bushings. Do I just use the large washer and discard the inner sleeve and collar? Or should I keep this setup and discard the PST sleeve? Thanks.
Also I can't figure out why the missus gets upset when I have car parts on the kitchen table. Any one?
P1010077.jpgP1010078.jpg

I wondered the same thing when I purchased my front end kit from PST. I optioned to replace the bushings but I cleaned & repainted the factory hardware and re used them. It just looks like a better option in my opinion.

The sleeve is to protect the strut rod from tearing up the bushings, use it!

I didn't use it. I just pushed the factory washer with partial sleeve back into both sides of the new bushings.

The sleeve is to protect the strut rod from tearing up the bushings, use it!
that's obvious, other wise you have a bushing flopping around with out a sleeve. Question is, which sleeve? Also the PST bushings are thicker so if you use the old large washer and sleeves you end up pushing the lca back out of perpendicular to the pivot shaft.

You need a washer, bushing, sleeve, bushing, washer in that order. Looks to mee in the pics above that the new stuff is missing the washers. Also the old stuff has a washer/sleeve combo, so I would just transfer the old washer/sleeve combo to the new bushings and move on.

Ok time to wake up,I just got my new pst kit so how tight should these be,front and rear thanks.

Auto Transport Service
Back