• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Push rods

Can't go wrong with either Trend or Manton. Most everyone else like Comp, Crane, Manley etc all get theirs from Trend anyway.

I prefer Smith Brothers push rods. You’ll definitely want to measure with an adjustable pushrod first.

I use Manton in my eng. Quality part and great service. Ron

Plenty of good companys. Trend, Manton, Smith Bros. The trick is to make sure you get one that is stiff enough. I could be incorrect here, but I don't believe a 7/16" will fit with a Victor head. That makes the selection even more critical if you plan on using a serious cam. The stiffer the better.
Doug

Plenty of good companys. Trend, Manton, Smith Bros. The trick is to make sure you get one that is stiff enough. I could be incorrect here, but I don't believe a 7/16" will fit with a Victor head. That makes the selection even more critical if you plan on using a serious cam. The stiffer the better.
Doug

I didn`t read all these posts very closely; I have exact cnc`d victor knock offs on my 505 , I bought an adjustable checking pushrod, and mine came out 9.400 long. The rockers are hughs, and have a very narrow swipe pattern that is centered about perfectly on the valves. Using a set of bam solid roller lifters riding a comp cams solid street roller.
I do have an extra set of compcams , 9.400 long/brand new , never ran, if ur interested, can save you a bunch on these.
The only reason I don`t run them is because they are a couple of thousanths bigger diameter than the hughs set I `ve got in the engine,
I had to redo the pushrod clearance for adequate clearance, (three times), and used the smaller diameter pushrods. The comp pushrods are probably stouter tho, both sets are 3/8" pushrods----------Pm me if interested----------Bob

Manton has a real nice push rod checking kit. I think I bought mine at PRI and it was $35.00. That was at least 4 years ago, so they maybe a little more now. But it has the different push rods, then it has different sleeves to make up different thicknesses, and it also has the light weight mock up springs.

NOTE: you will also need to know the recommended drop down of your adjusters before you measure.

If you go with Manton, and have any questions call Al. Super Service!

Auto Transport Service
Back