• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Put a fork in me, I’m done...

I did retire once. I was bored after 9 months so i went back to work. But its different,I'm much happier knowing I don't have to do this and it keeps me sharp. I used to repair medium trucks and midsized tractors from backhoes to 973 loaders. But now I repair small engines, exmarks, scan and the like. Best move I ever made. So keep that option open for your sanity

...working that is.

Decided I’ve had enough, and aiming to fully retire the Friday before Labor Day 2022. I might not even make it that long, lol, as the company I work for got bought out by Blackstone Capital. In a good cop/bad cop scenario, they are the bad cop.

I’m 57, so I know it’s kinda early, but I have a path forward, and **** it, I’m done with corporate bullshit.

A guy I know in his mid 60s retired in June of this year. He just died 2 days ago. Worked and paid his whole life and drew social security for all of 3 months. It was a great reminder none of us know how long we’ll be here.

The fantastic part of retiring is figuring out how many car events I’m going to next summer as I’ll be able to do it all!!!
That’s awesome! I’m 57 too. 5 months and I’m done. F ing toast. I see guys stay til until they’re 65. (Then we get tossed out) A year or two later, they’re dead. Like KD said, house maintenance and car projects. (And a couple classes) I’ll be perfectly happy. Have some fun and enjoy retirement! I’m jealous, lol

I was lucky enough to retire at 48 years old, now 60. Started my first company at 24 years old but they where all successful.
Still keep busy though, wouldn't have it any other way.
Lot's of travel and fun, some work too.....

I need to add to my previous post. Its not just the work. Its the interaction with my peers or teaching the young guys proper procedures on diagnosis and repair. I didn't realize how important it is just to BS. Thats all part of it. Going back to work and saying good morning and happy Friday mean more now

57 here too, but not retired, too many kids, wife, ex-wife
You remarried?? Once through divorce court was enough to last me a lifetime.. divorced at 39, now 66... I go where I want, when I want with who I want, for as long as I want..... As long as my dog is Ok with it...LOL
DSCF0089.JPG

Congratulations!

I think the system should be set up where you can taper into retirement. I'm in my late 40's and have been working overtime for the last 20 years. I'm burnt out. I would love to transition to part-time for the rest of my career.

If you can do it, do it.
Coworker wanted one last year, fell on Saturday and died. You never know.

I did retire once. I was bored after 9 months so i went back to work. But its different,I'm much happier knowing I don't have to do this and it keeps me sharp. I used to repair medium trucks and midsized tractors from backhoes to 973 loaders. But now I repair small engines, exmarks, scan and the like. Best move I ever made. So keep that option open for your sanity

Auto Transport Service
Back