• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Quarter Window rebuild

firstgencharger

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:40 AM
Reaction score
I picked up two different kits to rebuild my quarter windows in the Charger. Attached are a couple of pic's about the questions I have.

What is the best way to tap the new rollers on the splined pin?
Where do the round gaskets go?
How have you drilled out the silver rivet to mount it? It says in the ad to drill it out and reuse the old rivet. Don't quite understand. 100_8921.jpg100_8920.jpg100_8926.jpg100_8923.jpg

That first pic, I just used a vise to press the new roller on. You shouldn't need to tap or worry about the splines they are there just for the plastic to have something to bite into. The second two pics I have no idea what that is, I don't remember having to do anything with a big rivet when I rebuilt mine.

I just tapped mine on with a hammer, not sure about the other 2 questions... any pics? There is a plastic washer that resembles a gasket that goes behind the window crank?

Note: The glass to track retaining rivet in these kits is molded as ONE part instead of two which should consist of the collar and center pin. You will need to reuse your original rivet's pin and drill out/remove the peg from these rivets in order to use them. All of the kits on the market are cast this way unfortunately.

From one of the vendors on ebay.

I don't recall a rivet let alone a two part rivet when I took the window out.

Auto Transport Service
Back