• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question about A/C

BigBlock61

Local time
1:25 PM
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was wondering, can you run A/C on a six pack intake? I'm considering putting a six pack intake on my 440 when I build it but I'm old and want my creature comforts. It looks like it should fit but would need a different air cleaner.

Bouchillon Performance makes a bracket for the newer sanden style compressor that will allow you to use the stock six pack air cleaner. other wise yes, you have to come up with another air cleaner or mod a stock one.

I believe Randy at Bouchillions has your answer.
I bought his kit for my 70 Hemi Superbee.
I put the air cleaner assy from FHO (Tim Banning) on my Bee.
But my "bud" (Cuda' Bob) says there is a MOD you can do or a "cut" in the air cleaner lid.

Now, yes, there are 2 paths you can take on the Bouchillion Sanden kit.
1.Set-up #1 puts the compressor "up" on the top over the power-steering pump" See my pics.
2. Set-up #2 puts the compressor low right side down by the fuel-pump. (would not work for me on the Hemi)

So, I know mine is a Hemi but if it is available for the Hemi, it should be available for the 6-pak.
A GOOD and positive thing is: the 6-pak coil mounts on the manifold on the right side. This would give you clearence for your compressor up-front.
I had to relocate my coil to the rt side fender-wall.

Let us know what you do....
"super-bee_ski"

Attachments

• P1010012.jpg
    P1010012.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 241
  • P1010019.jpg
    P1010019.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 239
Here's a max wedge motor with Vintage Air, P/S and P/B. I'm old too...lol

Attachments

• DSCN2211.jpg
    DSCN2211.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 222
  • DSCN2210.jpg
    DSCN2210.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 253
  • DSCN2462.jpg
    DSCN2462.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 255
  • DSCN2461.jpg
    DSCN2461.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 214
Thanks guys this is really helpful. I'll be looking into all of those options for my engine.

Auto Transport Service
Back