• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

QUESTIONS AND ADVICES FOR 70´CHARGER RT

jluisfelipe

Local time
10:04 PM
Reaction score
Hello friends, I´m starting to restore my manual 70´Charger RT and I will begin with the body work, but before doing that, I will buy suspension, brakes, wheels and tires, so I can check everything fits before painting...
I will buy:
* Frame connectors and mini tub kit
* Hotchkis TVS suspension system for a better road behaviour, here´s the link: http://www.hotchkis.net/product/197...tal-vehicle-system-hotchkis-sport-suspension/
* Wheels will be 15" Torq Thrust II (probably 275/60/15 rear and 245/60/15 front)

I also want to improve brakes, so questions are...what brakes do you suggest me (they must fit with the wheels size)? Do you think I should purchase any other product? Do you agree with my "recipe"? Any advice will be very helpfull!

I guess it depends on your goals for this car. That Hotchkis kit looks nice & appears to include frame connectors.

1. You could get "almost as good" handling with just a big front sway bar if it's really going to be a street car.
2. You can get "pretty good" braking with a stock power front disc/rear drum setup for a street car.
3. You "might" not need the mini-tubs for tire clearance for street car.

If you're building a "road coarse" car, then your setup looks pretty good to me if you go with very soft/sticky tires. I'm not sure which brakes fit those particular wheels, but I know Brembo & Wildwood (sp?) kits are popular & there's some type of "stock-type" upgrade you can do to use (I think) 11.75" Cordoba size front rotors.

Sorry all of this is so vague... there's people on here who know a lot more than I do, especially about suspension/brakes.

Thanks for your reply, PurpleBeeper!
I want to build a something like a high performance street legal mild restomod car. Powerfull, with modern behaviour, but with a classic look.

Auto Transport Service
Back