• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Quick Fuel/Holley PVCRs

beanhead

May I Land My Kinky Machine
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:42 PM
Reaction score
Hi all, where are you guys buying these little buggers? The results I'm getting on the googlenet seem to just be for jets & air bleeds, and no info on the Holley site (big surprise huh)..if all else fails I know I can go the blank set-screw route, but the factory ones in this carb have a head larger than the threaded portion and I'd like to keep it the same for fitment, if possible..
Thanks!

giphy (22).gif

I broke a plastic part on a Demon 850 metering block and decided to replace it with a Quick Fuel metering block. It has those replaceable bleeds in the PVCR. I'm a little fuzzy on it but I think they allow a man to reduce the jet sizes so the engine can run leaner yet richen up only on demand.
My 440/493 seems to run smoother and stronger at a AFR # richer than what most suggest. I had it tuned to run mid 14s at cruise and idle but it seemed to be harder to start when hot, it sputtered a bit near the high end of each gear and didn't pull as clean.

I broke a plastic part on a Demon 850 metering block and decided to replace it with a Quick Fuel metering block. It has those replaceable bleeds in the PVCR. I'm a little fuzzy on it but I think they allow a man to reduce the jet sizes so the engine can run leaner yet richen up only on demand.
My 440/493 seems to run smoother and stronger at a AFR # richer than what most suggest. I had it tuned to run mid 14s at cruise and idle but it seemed to be harder to start when hot, it sputtered a bit near the high end of each gear and didn't pull as clean.
Yeah I'm going through a quick fuel right now, a 750 wheras I also normally run a demon 850..in OOTB setup it was pretty weak, but I've got it idling and cruising very clean, on the lean side but no problems. Felt flat on any acceleration so I tinkered with squirters and pump cams, it's a beast with the blue cam and the stock 31 squirter. Low 13s to low 12s, if it nips a high 11 at a stab off idle no problem, this thing likes fuel when the blades open. From a cruise though, 40-50 mph if I open the throttle it goes too lean, right up until I feel the secondaries. I do know that it happens as the PV is opening so that's why I'm thinking it just needs to flow a tad more fuel right at that point.

Yeah I'm going through a quick fuel right now, a 750 wheras I also normally run a demon 850..in OOTB setup it was pretty weak, but I've got it idling and cruising very clean, on the lean side but no problems. Felt flat on any acceleration so I tinkered with squirters and pump cams, it's a beast with the blue cam and the stock 31 squirter. Low 13s to low 12s, if it nips a high 11 at a stab off idle no problem, this thing likes fuel when the blades open. From a cruise though, 40-50 mph if I open the throttle it goes too lean, right up until I feel the secondaries. I do know that it happens as the PV is opening so that's why I'm thinking it just needs to flow a tad more fuel right at that point.

Don’t be afraid to go with a high number valve either, I use a 10.5 high flow in dominator on the rr.

Don’t be afraid to go with a high number valve either, I use a 10.5 high flow in dominator on the rr.
Yes...I'm currently at 7.5 but thinking an 8.5 would be perfect, according to what the vacuum is doing.

I'm not sure but aren't the PVCR jets the same as IFR jets? If so you can get them from Summit. Just have to type IFR jets into Summits search engine and they should come up.

I'm not sure but aren't the PVCR jets the same as IFR jets? If so you can get them from Summit. Just have to type IFR jets into Summits search engine and they should come up.
Thanks, but that's a negative...I searched all my favorite places before posting this, 1) for some feedback from real mopar carb guys and 2) to avoid getting the "google is your friend, slacker!" memes thrown at me! I got some 1/8" long brass blanks I'll drill.

Well I sure owe you an apology! Turns out, Summit does have them. I just wasn't typing in the right keywords. They're listed under 'carburetor idle feed restrictors'...and if you don't type it in exactly like that you get no results (lame!) Thank you again!

Well I sure owe you an apology! Turns out, Summit does have them. I just wasn't typing in the right keywords. They're listed under 'carburetor idle feed restrictors'...and if you don't type it in exactly like that you get no results (lame!) Thank you again!
Hey no problem. I know that little stuff is sometimes hard to find on Summit if you don't have it worded exactly like they do.

Gentlemen,
The Power Valve Channel Restrictions (PVCRs) are located behind the screw in power valve. The PVCRs are NOT replaceable drilled otifices that lead to the main fuel wells in the primary metering block on 4150 & 4160 carbs. As 4160 style carbs have a secondary metering plate, there is NO provision for a power valve. Sometimes PVCRs are located on the secondary metering block on 4150 carbs when a secondary power valve is furnished. The PVCRs add fuel ONLY when the power valve opens otherwise the main metering jets control the fuel flow. IF more fuel is needed or desired change the main metering jets. If you want (?) to increase the size of the PVCRs (not recommended) they must be drilled using a number drill (#61 thru #80) using only pin vice by hand. If made too big, they must be soldered closed and re-drilled....also not recommended. Just my opinion of course.
Bob Renton

Gentlemen,
The Power Valve Channel Restrictions (PVCRs) are located behind the screw in power valve. The PVCRs are NOT replaceable drilled otifices that lead to the main fuel wells in the primary metering block on 4150 & 4160 carbs. As 4160 style carbs have a secondary metering plate, there is NO provision for a power valve. Sometimes PVCRs are located on the secondary metering block on 4150 carbs when a secondary power valve is furnished. The PVCRs add fuel ONLY when the power valve opens otherwise the main metering jets control the fuel flow. IF more fuel is needed or desired change the main metering jets. If you want (?) to increase the size of the PVCRs (not recommended) they must be drilled using a number drill (#61 thru #80) using only pin vice by hand. If made too big, they must be soldered closed and re-drilled....also not recommended. Just my opinion of course.
Bob Renton

B95666AC-3127-418C-9C59-072B9FB72F00.jpeg

C5AA63D1-CDAD-455F-BDBB-A095B3FAEB46.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back