• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

radiators

jeff73

Local time
8:25 AM
Reaction score
So I'm trying to find a radiator for my swap. called ron davis radiators and got quoted 1533.70 for one that'd match up. I thought that was kind of steep. Is that about the going rate? any suggestions on other places?

What are you looking for? do you want something that looks "correct" or an aluminum bling? I went with Wizard Cooling and U.S. Radiator also gets a lot of positive feedback on here

You need a radiator with the in/out to match your engine. Then start looking around....I got mine on ebay with dual spal 12 inch fans and all the wiring for under 400 bucks. By the way, it's a Northern.

I got a 3 row aluminum direct fit from Champion for 215.00.cooled my 498 stroker

So I'm trying to find a radiator for my swap. called ron davis radiators and got quoted 1533.70 for one that'd match up. I thought that was kind of steep. Is that about the going rate? any suggestions on other places?

modern muscle, alum rad by northern with dual fans an temp control all hardware needed. $800. real nice. got pics on my resto thread (my 70 barn find)

Call and speak to the guys at Glen-Ray Radiators,they are knowledgeable and can provide you with exactly what you need. They are second to none in terms of quality and customer service...I can't say enough good things about them.

http://www.restorationradiators.com/

Wizard Cooling Rad

Mine is a Wizard as well, with inlet/outlets on the passenger side for my 6.1 going into my '69 Cuda with Maradyne fans at 1565 cfm each. I am installing AC, so bigger fans were needed to pull the air through the condenser and the rad. IMG_1113.jpg

I used the radiator from the car I got the engine from. I was not out for show and I figured if it worked there it would work in mine. Fit just fine and everything lined up correct

Does anyone have a part number for a 22" core radiator with inlet and outlet on passenger side that would work for a 6.1 Hemi? My 6.1 will be going into a 1966 Coronet. It seems to me that an LS swap radiator might also work and avoid the cost of a custom build radiator. Do any Jeeps use a 22" core opening? There are quite a few hemi swap parts for Jeeps out there.

Call and speak to the guys at Glen-Ray Radiators,they are knowledgeable and can provide you with exactly what you need. They are second to none in terms of quality and customer service...I can't say enough good things about them.

http://www.restorationradiators.com/

I second the guys at Glen-ray radiator. They are just flat out awesome. I replaced the radiator in my 63 Max with with one of their units, perfect fit,perfect delivery. They even cheated it forward a bit in the brackets.

I'm with Darius on this one.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back