• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rallies or Cragar?

The car looks great with either! You can never go wrong with Cragars!

20231130_145315.jpg

20221017_180331.jpg

If you do Cragars make sure you do black walls. Its to busy with raised whites in my opinion. Raised whites with ralleyes is cool. Black walls with Cragars give it a more period correct look. Landys Charger.

Another vote for cragars

Question what looks better? I would put 225/70 14s on the rallies. Then they would be both 26.4 inches in diameter.

View attachment 1570308

View attachment 1570309

View attachment 1570310

View attachment 1570311
It's obvious to me if you look at them in a glims. Rallies. Easy one for styling enthousiasts. Never understood why the masses adore the Gragars especially on 'boxy' exterior styling. Nothing special, boring and seem not to fit the styling of the car. But I understand the question. The owner I think has the same opinion but is being confused by Gragar enthousiasts and has been brought to doubt?

Last edited:
If motor is stock — go with Rallye wheel (but 15-in.). The design mass of new fuselage body needs to be balanced by larger wheel/tire combination. If motor is ‘dressed-up’ with mods — switch to 15-in. Cragers. Key is to keep theme consistent. Nice ride!

Everybody knows that Cragars were for the GM crowd. LOL I think 15" chrome Magnum 500's look good on everythng. Here is a 1-piece aluminum (...or is it aluminium?) 15" I run on my '64 Polara. They are made to look like the '69 and up Magnum 500 with the clip-on trim ring. I prefer the look of the chrome '67-'68 wheel, but the price was right on these.

View attachment 1570420

View attachment 1570421
These are the best! Not the American Racing ones. The 'trim ring' does the magic!

Cragar has always been my favorite. Same with the day 2 look. It was great to see what everyone did to personalize there own cars back in the day. Back when people took pride with what they drove. Not like today's cars. As much as I like both looks, today the bone stock restorations have become boring to me. Everyone has restored almost everything back to stock.

Cragar has always been my favorite. Same with the day 2 look. It was great to see what everyone did to personalize there own cars back in the day. Back when people took pride with what they drove. Not like today's cars. As much as I like both looks, today the bone stock restorations have become boring to me. Everyone has restored almost everything back to stock.
Personalize a car with Gragars for the masses...? I have to chew on that one. It seems personalizing with Cragars ends up joining the masses, you don't want to be part of? Nothing personal about Gragars. I agree that if you want to 'personalize' a classic car (what that ever means) you don't have much options... other than the wheels, tires....

Back when I grew up in the late `70`s (graduated `77) NOBODY had stock musclecars - everybody had aftermarket wheels, air shocks, added stripes, wings, stereos, custom paint, custom interiors and only little old ladys driving slant 6 Darts had steel wheels and dog dishes.

Auto Transport Service
Back