• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rallies or Cragar?

Gary Masse

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:04 PM
Reaction score
Question what looks better? I would put 225/70 14s on the rallies. Then they would be both 26.4 inches in diameter.

IMG_7266.jpeg

IMG_7264.jpeg

IMG_7265.jpeg

IMG_7263.jpeg

What a hard question Gary! Both look great, but I guess I'm kind of partial to the day 2 look, so Cragers.

Question what looks better?
I’m a geezer when Cragars or Keystones were the choice for dressing up a ride. Nothing wrong with the factory road wheels or my preference, Magnums. MO, those Cragars like nice.

I like Rallies myself.

I'm not a big fan of cragars, except for super tricks, so I'd pick the rallyes, but both look good on your car.
Swap em when you want.... like underwear.

I don’t like working with uni-lug wheels.

both look great. But that car would look great with anything.

I am having home made beef stew for dinner, you have what you like.

I typically prefer the Rallye wheels, but I think the Cragars look much better on your car :thumbsup:

Aftermarket aluminum look-alike rallye wheels in a width/offset of your choosing???

Both look good.

Why choose if you have both?

Run one set for a while and then swap out.

As many have said, they both look good. I think the 71-74s look awesome with the rallies, 68-70 not so much.

Everybody knows that Cragars were for the GM crowd. LOL I think 15" chrome Magnum 500's look good on everythng. Here is a 1-piece aluminum (...or is it aluminium?) 15" I run on my '64 Polara. They are made to look like the '69 and up Magnum 500 with the clip-on trim ring. I prefer the look of the chrome '67-'68 wheel, but the price was right on these.

P2070040.JPG

P7290109.JPG

Everybody knows that Cragars were for the GM crowd. LOL
Maybe from the part of the planet you are. Back in the day, in the garage we did many wheels installs on all different makes, and it didn't matter. Cragar SS were most popular, but we did all others as well Fenton, Keystone, Ansen, Centerline, Torq-thrust, etc.

Here is a 1-piece aluminum (...or
Much as I like the Magnums, spending a ton on them a few years ago for a new/larger wheel, one of the decisions I’d like to have a do-over on. Those wheels you have are outstanding.

Cragers are a great lookin wheel but.. :rolleyes:
Be careful the later Cragers are cast in China and multiple complaints about cracks...

Just my $0.02... :thumbsup:

$500 for the set, in boxes with the centres, at a local swap meet. One of those "Start the car! Start the car!" moments.

Auto Transport Service
Back