• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rare satellite?

It would cost $60,000 to restore probably. MO it's wouldn't get $60k restored rare is one thing but it doesn't have desirability needed to get big bucks. Did I miss the engine size like a 440? The guy did get a good deal but not a jackpot. MO
I told the guy hes got a very rare car. Nice find probably a $60,000 restored

From Chrysler Historical:

BCA9CCBD-2754-4BBE-8D31-3001EE8848D4.jpeg

It's a pilot car.

...and unrestored in good condition and unmolested.

All of those things are reasonably valuable/desirable.

If it were me.....I'd see about putting it in the survivors tent.

It may well be the car in ads and/or brochures.

It's a pilot car.

...and unrestored in good condition and unmolested.

All of those things are reasonably valuable/desirable.

If it were me.....I'd see about putting it in the survivors tent.

It may well be the car in ads and/or brochures.
Very likely used in advertising And yes, it could hold a place in the survivor tent... It's an odd car with some points that add to it's value but not really a super valuable car.. Not worth spending what it would take to restore it... Maybe to the right wealthy collector who has a woody for pilot cars but as an average enthusiast I see no way to justify the cost of a restoration...

Very likely used in advertising And yes, it could hold a place in the survivor tent... It's an odd car with some points that add to it's value but not really a super valuable car.. Not worth spending what it would take to restore it... Maybe to the right wealthy collector who has a woody for pilot cars but as an average enthusiast I see no way to justify the cost of a restoration...
As I understood it at the time I did research, these early press/promo cars were often spec’d out by the Chrysler exec that would be driving it after(and in some cases during)it’s “show” duty.
After which they were placed at dealerships by the regional reps and sold as new or demonstrators.
According to a regional rep I know who placed cars back in the day they were a tough sell due to having some miles clocked up on them.
My first reaction on this car was:”how’d I miss that one?”
Just to opine a bit: IMO he got a great deal on a very cool and rare car, no reason to do a $60k nut and bolt on it.
A mid level show presentable resto likely would only run ~1/3 of that.
No matter what he decides, measures should be taken to preserve what is there and prevent deterioration especially in the hidden areas.
It’s a rare, special, survivor car-very cool and iconic Mopar body style!

I’m not understanding why it wouldn’t be worth the cost of restoration……barring any major frame rot. The car looks pretty decent. We Have all seen cars much worse being Restored And this one appears to have a unique history.

A buddie's SSP. It is a family car bought by his parents. 400 under the hood. Unrestored original and stunning.

1090.jpg

travis2.jpg

It would cost $60,000 to restore probably. MO it's wouldn't get $60k restored rare is one thing but it doesn't have desirability needed to get big bucks. Did I miss the engine size like a 440? The guy did get a good deal but not a jackpot. MO
My friend picked up this 72 Road Runner GTX U code 440 car last year. Even though it doesn't have the air grabber hood on the car, it is coded for the N96 option. A previous owner has the original air grabber hood hanging on his garage wall. He wanted 4k for it ,my friend offered 3k for it and was told no. He paid less than 20k for the car in turn key driver condition.

20211003_130115.jpg

20211003_130103.jpg

That really sucks. Guy must figure your friend will pay the 4k at some point. I'd be looking high and low for one just to tell him to F off.

That really sucks. Guy must figure your friend will pay the 4k at some point. I'd be looking high and low for one just to tell him to F off.
I don’t get the mentality of not including the original hood with the car...greed?
Too bad, hopefully he will come to his senses $3k is an extremely generous offer!

I don’t get the mentality of not including the original hood with the car...greed?
Too bad, hopefully he will come to his senses $3k is an extremely generous offer!
Ive found a few people that keep the good parts and ask alot more for those parts. Before ebay and here. Where were you going to find those parts? So paying a ransom to get those for the car they belonged to was not uncommon.

Auto Transport Service
Back