• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear Lube

Canadian1968CoronetR/T

Local time
9:59 PM
Reaction score
I have a Dana 60 sure grip in my 1968 coronet R/T , want to change fluid because of knock from left side, what does every one use when doing the change what fluids and additives

You'll need to add a friction modifier (additive) 3 to 1 (3ounces per quart).
i won't get into the whole "synthetic vs non synthetic" debate,
(some say to NOT use syn others say its fine, I've used both without issue, (Auburn says not to use syn as well), but as long as you use the friction modifier and the same type of oil (don't mix/match) I think you'll be okay.

I had the same problem with my 8 3/4 and went to my local Dodge Dealer and picked up some additive, problem solved....

I use the ferd stuff, and it smells foul!!

Don't know that any fluid will cure a knock. I use Amsoil in the Dana 60. No modifier was required. Good luck.

...Mopar ?? I bought my Fm at my loclal Chrysler Dealership.... 15 $ a bottle

Greetings Juergen

I bought all my lube at the Dodge dealer, the additive was $14 a bottle, Now I have to find someone who can suck all the old lube out, one local garage did not have a vacuum, he thought the drain plug would release all of the fluids I don't believe that will work. still looking

Auto Transport Service
Back