• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The latest Mopar parts conquest....post yours too!

chargervert

Local time
7:18 PM
Reaction score
Today I picked up a 1970 B body Dana 60 rear axle 3.54 sure grip! It came from a 1970 Charger R/T V code car that was B3 glacier blue with a white vynal top and interior. These are not cheap anymore, my friend gave me a fair deal on it! Post up your latest Mopar score!

20230801_222419.jpg

My .030 over 413 short block that I just got back from the machine shop. Going in a ‘65 Chrysler 300L with a 4- speed manual transmission.

IMG_3571.jpeg

I love seeing C body cars with 4 speeds! Cool car,and a letter car too. My step father let a 62 300 H convertible rust into the ground in our backyard when I was a kid. It was one of like 125 built. Who knew.

When I had my place in Arkansas, there was a guy who had a 61 New Yorker coupe, sitting in his yard. We were back in the sticks. From the outside the car looked great. I walked up to the door, knocked, he answered and I told him I’d like to look at it. We walked over to it, he was actually a little excited. When we got to the car, the body looked great. When I noticed there was no glass on the other side as I walked around, I got a little worried. Sure enough, there was hardly any floor left in it. He asked what do you think? I said, there’s hardly any floor left in it, how long has it been here. About ten years he said. I was disappointed to say the least. I think he was more disappointed, actually.

Not my latest parts score, but one of my greatest; 1964 Dodge Polara 500 power bucket seat frame. I bought it on here from a FBBO member. I paid $100.00 for it, but it cost another $150.00 to ship it here from Michigan. It was worth it to me, because it must be an incredibly rare piece. I hooked it up to my garden tractor battery, and it worked great. It is going into my factory bucket seat/console Canadian 1964 Polara 4-door hardtop. My all-time best parts score was a pair of 1966 Hemi AFB's and linkage at a local (London, Ontario) swap meet. A Chevvy guy had them on a small block intake, and had no idea what they were. I got them for $80.00 Canadian (about $65.00 U.S.), and they are now on my friend, Richard's, 1966 Hemi Charger.

P7290115.JPG

P7290116.JPG

1964 Dodge.jpg

PA130095.JPG

PA130094.JPG

Last edited:
Today I picked up a 1970 B body Dana 60 rear axle 3.54 sure grip! It came from a 1970 Charger R/T V code car that was B3 glacier blue with a white vynal top and interior. These are not cheap anymore, my friend gave me a fair deal on it! Post up your latest Mopar score!

View attachment 1503378

I’ve been pricing them. Unless you’re going 100% stock, the Strange S-60 is the way to go. Same price, new, and they’ll even set it up for disks. If you got a nice price tho… :)

I scored a 1968 date coded NOS Carter AVS at the Fall Carlisle swap meet ten years back for $250. It now resides on the engine of @turbine68rt in his '68 Charger. Kept it in family so to speak.

I’ve been pricing them. Unless you’re going 100% stock, the Strange S-60 is the way to go. Same price, new, and they’ll even set it up for disks. If you got a nice price tho… :)
About five years ago,I bought two 3.54 Dana 60 axles at Carlisle. I paid $1250 for a 68 one that was complete,and recently removed from a running driving car,and $1100 for a 69 3.54 Dana that looks like it came from a car that sat for many years. Last year at Carlisle I paid $2500 for a rebuilt and powder coated 69 3.54 Dana. I bought this one for $1800. They aren't cheap anymore. This one needs a pinion seal and a cover gasket,but is tight with no play and operates smoothly.

20230802_062359.jpg

20230802_062406.jpg

This is the car this Dana 60 came from. I see ads all the time, people claiming that their small block Chevy two bolt main engine is a Corvette engine, or parts from a 307 70 Chevelle are SS parts,but this Dana rear axle came from a real 70 V code Charger R/T.

20230803_063056.jpg

Last edited:
Not my latest parts score, but one of my greatest; 1964 Dodge Polara 500 power bucket seat frame. I bought it on here from a FBBO member. I paid $100.00 for it, but it cost another $150.00 to ship it here from Michigan. It was worth it to me, because it must be an incredibly rare piece. I hooked it up to my garden tractor battery, and it worked great. It is going into my factory bucket seat/console Canadian 1964 Polara 4-door hardtop. My all-time best parts score was a pair of 1966 Hemi AFB's and linkage at a local (London, Ontario) swap meet. A Chevvy guy had them on a small block intake, and had no idea what they were. I got them for $80.00 Canadian (about $65.00 U.S.), and they are now on my friend, Richard's, 1966 Hemi Charger.

View attachment 1503577

View attachment 1503578

View attachment 1503579

View attachment 1503587

View attachment 1503589
Congratulations on scoring the power seat,love the old school paint job on the Hemi Charger!

I guess my best score recently. Was at the Spring Fling this year.

I picked up a horn ring and a right side tail light bezel for my car. Both are used but both could easily pass for NOS parts. They are that nice. Paid a whopping $30 for each. The bezel on
my spare parts shelf, and the horn ring is now on the car

My best score overall. Was about 20/25 years ago. I worked at the local Dodge dealer and every so often I had a hot list of 1969 GTX parts I would run on the Chrysler dealer locator network. Parts including trim gauges mldgs etc etc for my then owned 1969 GTX. And most anyone who has owned one of these cars, knows parts for them are scarce to find NOS

But, I had a regular thing where I would run this list about every other week or so. Just for grins and 99% of the time, nothing ever came back as avail.

And the right side taillight bezel showed as avail at some dealer out west. I was shocked and had to read it a few times before I could believe it. SO,,, Picked up the phone and called that minute.

It was hard to contain my excitement as I gave him the number. And sure enough the man said he had it, so had him put his hands it. And when he came back to the phone I had him open it for the first time and describe it to me to insure he had the right part.
Sure sounded like it. So I paid the man and waited anxiously for the next week for it to show up.

When it did I couldn't believe my eyes. There it was. And it was flawless.

The best $29.95 plus freight I ever spent.

I guess my best score recently. Was at the Spring Fling this year.

I picked up a horn ring and a right side tail light bezel for my car. Both are used but both could easily pass for NOS parts. They are that nice. Paid a whopping $30 for each. The bezel on
my spare parts shelf, and the horn ring is now on the car

It's nice to score clean pieces for reasonable prices! Winning!

My best score overall. Was about 20/25 years ago. I worked at the local Dodge dealer and every so often I had a hot list of 1969 GTX parts I would run on the Chrysler dealer locator network. Parts including trim gauges mldgs etc etc for my then owned 1969 GTX. And most anyone who has owned one of these cars, knows parts for them are scarce to find NOS

But, I had a regular thing where I would run this list about every other week or so. Just for grins and 99% of the time, nothing ever came back as avail.

And the right side taillight bezel showed as avail at some dealer out west. I was shocked and had to read it a few times before I could believe it. SO,,, Picked up the phone and called that minute.

It was hard to contain my excitement as I gave him the number. And sure enough the man said he had it, so had him put his hands it. And when he came back to the phone I had him open it for the first time and describe it to me to insure he had the right part.
Sure sounded like it. So I paid the man and waited anxiously for the next week for it to show up.

When it did I couldn't believe my eyes. There it was. And it was flawless.

The best $29.95 plus freight I ever spent.

I bought an NOS 70 Charger R/T right door scoop from a Dodge dealer in 1983,I paid $85.00 for it. When it came in it had about an inch of dust on it. The label stuck on the back said "last one do not send back". Unfortunately I put it on the car and painted it,because years later I acquired the drivers side door scoops with the emblem still in the factory box.

20230423_145240.jpg

20230423_145249.jpg

20230423_145318.jpg

20230423_145253.jpg

Last edited:
We
About five years ago,I bought two 3.54 Dana 60 axles at Carlisle. I paid $1250 for a 68 one that was complete,and recently removed from a running driving car,and $1100 for a 69 3.54 Dana that looks like it came from a car that sat for many years. Last year at Carlisle I paid $2500 for a rebuilt and powder coated 69 3.54 Dana. I bought this one for $1800. They aren't cheap anymore. This one needs a pinion seal and a cover gasket,but is tight with no play and operates smoothly.

View attachment 1504000

View attachment 1504001
since the cover needs to come off you might as well get one of these :lol:

ABD882FC-CAE8-4B10-812A-0494716A5893.jpeg

The Dana 60 in the Chargervert and the Dana 60 in the sunroof Daytona project both have chrome covers on them.

20220531_224121.jpg

20220926_193221.jpg

When I was building my '67 R/T, I wanted to change the stock front drum brakes to discs. I noticed a derelict 1969 Charger sitting at an aquaintance's, with the needed front disc brakes. When I inquired about it, he said it belonged to a friend who wanted to strip some stuff off it for another restoration. If this guy did not want the brakes, I could likely have them.
About a month later, I came home from work, and the carcass of this Charger was laying in my laneway with no rear end in it. My friend had dropped it off with his tow truck. I knew my wife was going to be pi$$ed about this addition to my collection. My treasured disc brakes were still with it howerever. As a bonus, this thing still had a full set of power window motors in it (my R/T has power windows), plus the interior of the car was heaped full of cardboard and various pieces of plywood. I decided to make this turd look a little bit better, before my wife got home, by unloading all this interior junk. Down near the bottom of the pile, I began to find Mopar parts packages. I uncovered a treasure trove of NOS 1969 Charger stainless moldings.
This pile included: complete set of 4 side marker lights, complete set of windshield moldings, complete set of grille moldings and centre piece, complete set of 4 wheel well moldings, complete set of rear window moldings. These were all NOS in the Mopar packaging! This was about 35 years ago. I knew a guy who was working on a 1969 Charger Hemi R/T, and gave him a call. He came over and offered me $500.00 for all of it. Sold! Imagine what I could have gotten for it today. Plus, I likely could have sold the carcass, instead of towing it to a junk yard. I kind of expected some stranger to show up looking for his Charger parts, but it never happened. Oh, yeah, I was right. My wife was pi$$ed!

Last edited:
I just saw a Dana 60 on here for $3300. I'm starting to feel better about my $1800 purchase.

Auto Transport Service
Back