• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear rattle

Bigal75

Local time
9:46 PM
Reaction score
I've put my '67 Coronet away for the year but I do have some work to do on it next year.

I noticed that when I was going over bumps slowly there was a metalic rattle in the rear. I can't see anywhere where the exhaust would be touching and there are bran new shocks in the rear, the leafs look good and I'm pretty sure the insulators are still in there.

Anyone have an issue like this? What else can rattle out back?

spring bushings or broken shock mount.I have seen the upper shock mount crack and drive you nuts.just a guess........Artie

The top of the shocks will rattle if they are the least bit loose. It is hard to find if you don't have an ideal that is what it is. My were just a little loose and I liked to have never figured it out. Good Luck Ronnie

that makes sense, they (shocks) may look new but god only knows if the job was done right. I'll look at that. Lets go Spring time!

I put air shocks on my Plymouth and they rattled ,i removed them and went back to the factory shocks,problem solved for me

My 71 does the same thing is driving me nuts, someone told me to check the trunk tension rods...still need to check.

My wife said I lost my marbles. If you find them in your trunk, please PM me so I can arrange to get them back!

that makes sense, they (shocks) may look new but god only knows if the job was done right. I'll look at that. Lets go Spring time!

hey big al, some of your roads in P.Q. would make anything rattle. thats humor son.:icon_jokercolor:

Auto Transport Service
Back