• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rebirth of my 1970 GTX!

I'll take the spiro locks any day vs. having to heat up the rods and pressure fit them on. I have found that to be a real pain in the arse!

View attachment 1620477

Regardless: Good progress and good luck with the rest of your build! :thumbsup:

Oh, and make sure you CHECK ALL YOUR TOLERENCES AND DON'T ASSUME ANYTHING, especially with your mains and rods.
Yeah, the spiros do seem like the easy way to do it. Everything has been checked and it's time bolt stuff together!

Ok, so I'm back on the GTX. That Jeep is becoming a major distraction... But, I got the timing gears on! Here's a bit on the cam gear bolts. I bought the ARP 12 point ones. I think they really need a washer. They hit the cover. I bought the button head ones for an allen key. No way they stood up to recommend 45 ft lbs of torque. I got no more than 30 lbs tightening before they stripped the keyway. Imagine trying to get those out once locktited! The winner was a shouldered bolt from the hardware store! Massive shoulder! I would have used the grade 8 bolts in the picture but I only had 2 of them...trip to the hardware store

20240430_234345.jpg

20240430_234441.jpg

20240430_234536.jpg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back