• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recomndations for torque convertor builder.

69 GTX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:56 PM
Reaction score
I'm soon to get my engine done and dyno'd. I was wondering who would be a good company to give my info to, to get one custom made. Thanks!

Check with Kris at Continental Torque Convertors, old school machine shop done right not like some of the junk out here...
310.674.1072 he will build exactly what you need....just had him build one for our 413 Max Wedge 62 Dart....Chuck

Another suggestion is PTC (Performance torque converter). Gave them some specifics about the engine and bingo, had it done and shipped quick. Also, they are customer friendly as well

Another suggestion is PTC (Performance torque converter). Gave them some specifics about the engine and bingo, had it done and shipped quick. Also, they are customer friendly as well

Got my PTC through Cope Racing Transmissions, works great.

I had my converter built by Perfect Converter of Walton Hills, Ohio on the recommendation of Nick Wilson. I does exactly what it's supposed to do. I'm real happy with it. I thought the price was more than reasonable and it included one free tune up. Good guys too.

All of these mentioned are good converter companies. I will add one as I use a Luppo Dynamic converter in my 63 and I love it as it works great for me since my car is a street/strip car as it drives great with this Dynamic 9.5 converter I use. I have also used Turbo Action which worked awesome for me. But honestly I would not hesitate to use any one of the companies listed on here. What you should do is look up info on these companies since they are all good and then decide who want to use. You might even consider if any of them are close to your home but do your homework on them. I would even call the companies you think you might use and tell them what you are doing then see how they treat you. And they should ask you a ton of questions as they will need all the info about the car you can give them as they will want all the cam info along with car weight and gears and much more. If any dont ask for all the info then dont use them. Good luck , Ron

Thank you everyone for the helpful info!

Thought I'd throw these guys in.

http://www.revmaxconverters.com/

The custom built mine for the 512.. Very good to talk to, deal with and shipped on time. A friend of mine has a ton of experience with these guys, all good. The converter I got seems to work very well. Brief run from garage to my garage back in storage until good weather.

Good luck!

I used a great shop in Fort Dodge,Iowa. They not only remanufactured mine, they used the most up to date parts available. I will get their exact address.

Check with Kris at Continental Torque Convertors, old school machine shop done right not like some of the junk out here...
310.674.1072 he will build exactly what you need....just had him build one for our 413 Max Wedge 62 Dart....Chuck

That guy was really cool to me. He said that he didn't have what I needed so he referred me to Lenny at Ultimate Converter Concepts.
I am always impressed when a business owner refers me instead of trying to sell me something that isn't what I want or need.

In the North East the highly respected guy is Frank Lupo Dynamic Converter. he build only Mopar Converters and Dyno tests Transmissions in his shop. A long time racer. Like anything Converter guys open up stock piece's modify them and weld back together.. I am sure their many guys like this around the country..

Lenny is great at Ultimate. Kenny Ford at PTC is very good as well.
Doug

Dynamic( Frank Lupo ) do all manufactures converters,Chey, Ford them all . Best place to get a high end unit will do what they say every time. They also do trannsmitions on site as he owns Proformance trannsmitions as well . Good Luck !

They build a good product but... They do not stand behind their product. Just my experience.

Auto Transport Service
Back