• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Red brake drum question

Roadcuda

Local time
9:08 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the first year was that red paint was available for the drum face? Was it '69 or was it earlier? Thanks in advance.

Does anyone know what the first year was that red paint was available for the drum face? Was it '69 or was it earlier? Thanks in advance.

don't know but my 70 RR had it when i bought it in 81

My '68 Coronet R/T had them and since '67 was the first year for the magnum style road wheel and red stripe tire combo, I'm guessing that's when it started...guessing!

My '68 Coronet R/T had them and since '67 was the first year for the magnum style road wheel and red stripe tire combo, I'm guessing that's when it started...guessing!

whenever they started it, it sure looks cool with the red showing through! Not sure they are painted on my 68 R/T though, don't think so actually. I'll have to check. It is a PB car...perhaps they just painted the 11" manual brakes ?? Was yours manual or power?

Auto Transport Service
Back