• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Refurbish or buy new system

Local time
11:45 PM
Reaction score
Since I missed removing a nut on the engine side, the air box did not come out exactly smooth and it tore on the back side. Has anyone refurbished their air box or found a compatible box to refurbish? I did not find anything new available for my year and model (actually 72 satellite).

B44E5DC1-F92A-49C4-99A9-CDFC0C000921.jpeg

Get the DMT kit and rebuild yours. I just did my 71. I sent the heater core to Glen Ray and the evaporator was new from Classic Auto Air.

IMG_1864.jpg

I refurbished my box using a spare broken box, used a Dremel to cut pieces and patched using JB Weld. I had a lot of spare parts because the two that I received through the mail ultimately got damaged going from the US to Canada.

I also used the DMT kit.

It also depends on how good you want your a/c system to work. The modern aftermarket kits from Vintage Air and others are 100% more effective than the older style.

Auto Transport Service
Back