• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reilly Motorsports Suspensions

Evoking

Local time
9:30 AM
Reaction score
Have anyone bought their front and rear? $5k for full assembly including arms, tie rods, coil overs, sway bars and steering rack.

https://reillymotorsports.com/store2/?target=product&product_id=16256

I was not intending to do all of this (here comes the scope creep!). I was thinking maybe shocks, thicker torsion bars and new steering wheel! But it sounds tempting. I just wonder if its worth it - both in enjoyment and return...

Have anyone bought their front and rear? $5k for full assembly including arms, tie rods, coil overs, sway bars and steering rack.

https://reillymotorsports.com/store2/?target=product&product_id=16256

I was not intending to do all of this (here comes the scope creep!). I was thinking maybe shocks, thicker torsion bars and new steering wheel! But it sounds tempting. I just wonder if its worth it - both in enjoyment and return...
Haven't used them yet but I'm going with their street lynx rear 4 link set up on my 67.

I have only installed there front end kit. Best thing I've done, more than a world of difference in the handling department and braking department where I upgraded to the wildwood disc brakes with there hydroboost system. I plan on installing the rear Lynx system this summer.

I looked at their stuff . . . but I decided to go with the Magnum Force front end clip . . . I'm still building my car so I can't answer the "how does it drive and perform" question . . . Yet . . .

But I can say that Jen and Clint at Magnum Force were great people to work with and I would work with them again, in a heartbeat, if needed . . .

I bought the alterktion front end. It lined up perfect and performs like it's on rails, just ordered the street lynx 4 link. For next summer. Love it.

As info to anyone looking to order the street lynx there is a 3 week lead time.

Here I go again....
The guys that install these aftermarket setups: Are you comparing your car to a properly rebuilt and updated factory setup? I doubt it.
If you take a worn out 45 year old car and swap in a new coil over tubular setup, of course it will handle better. The car also handles much better when you spend less than HALF that amount by rebuilding the stock setup with some quality aftermarket parts. Yes, I'm talking bigger torsion bars, sway bars, shocks and some chassis reinforcements.
Yes, the replacement suspensions look great. They look modern with their rack and pinion steering. If they were as durable as stock or performed twice as good, I'd have a hard time finding any faults.
A friend bought a Magnum Force tubular setup for a 64 Valiant. The car had a rebuilt front end and 11" discs from a 73-76 A body. The kit went in okay but has limited suspension travel, less steering travel and handles no better. Steering response is better though compared to the old 5 1/2 turns manual steering setup. He had wanted to run headers for years but the cramped space and torsion bars made it difficult. He knew of TTIs for the early A but somehow thought this was a better idea. It cost him $5000 to have no better braking, no better handling, less suspension travel but better steering response. He could have just installed a 16 to 1 Flaming River steering chuck and TTI headers and saved $3700.

Here I go again....
The guys that install these aftermarket setups: Are you comparing your car to a properly rebuilt and updated factory setup? I doubt it.
If you take a worn out 45 year old car and swap in a new coil over tubular setup, of course it will handle better. The car also handles much better when you spend less than HALF that amount by rebuilding the stock setup with some quality aftermarket parts. Yes, I'm talking bigger torsion bars, sway bars, shocks and some chassis reinforcements.
Yes, the replacement suspensions look great. They look modern with their rack and pinion steering. If they were as durable as stock or performed twice as good, I'd have a hard time finding any faults.
A friend bought a Magnum Force tubular setup for a 64 Valiant. The car had a rebuilt front end and 11" discs from a 73-76 A body. The kit went in okay but has limited suspension travel, less steering travel and handles no better. Steering response is better though compared to the old 5 1/2 turns manual steering setup. He had wanted to run headers for years but the cramped space and torsion bars made it difficult. He knew of TTIs for the early A but somehow thought this was a better idea. It cost him $5000 to have no better braking, no better handling, less suspension travel but better steering response. He could have just installed a 16 to 1 Flaming River steering chuck and TTI headers and saved $3700.
I am not bashing any other setup cause there are a lot of options out there. He Just wanted there opinions on the aftermarket setup which I like it a lot. Yes you can rebuild a stock setup which will be real good and qa1 an hotchkis for less money.

Two important advantages when comparing the stock based stuff to the aftermarket:
Durability and cost.

I'm putting one in my buddies sons cuda.

IMG_2903.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back