• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reproduction Battery Trays? Which one?

CompSyn

Local time
6:40 PM
Reaction score
I'm on the market for a reproduction battery tray and wonder if they all come from the same place or if there is a difference in vendors? I was just looking at AMD and R/T Specialties and wondering which one to get? Does R/T source theirs from AMD?

If anyone recently bought a reproduction battery tray. Where was it from and how accurate was the fitment?

Thanks!

I bought one from Partsmix a few months back, it had AMD stickers on it...fits like the original no problems.

I think I bought mine from Summit Racing for the 68 GTX. Don’t remember the manufacturer but it fit perfectly with no problems.

I called R/T Specialties, they said their battery trays are AMD, which is good because I wanted to buy some other clips from them and put everything on one order. Works for me!

The trays are AMD but as far as the fasteners, it depends on if it is "OE" correct you're looking for. R/T has correct fasteners as others while others is a "hit and miss". Vendors like R/T, Roseville Mopars, Megaparts.

The trays are AMD but as far as the fasteners, it depends on if it is "OE" correct you're looking for. R/T has correct fasteners as others while others is a "hit and miss". Vendors like R/T, Roseville Mopars, Megaparts.

To clarify, are you saying R/T Specialties, Roseville Mopars, and Megaparts are all good to go?

Update: I ended up going with Magaparts. Yes it is an AMD tray and yes it is spot on. I also ordered their 110-BTB113 Battery Tray Bolts and they are spot on too.

110-BTB113-1.jpg

I am please with Magaparts and will be doing more business with them.

classic industries...fit mint, don't even bother trying to fix a 50 yr old original.

Auto Transport Service
Back