• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restomod charger pics

http://www.customautoemblems.net/

IMAG1548_1.jpgIMAG1550_1_1.jpgIMAG1553_1.jpg

Something like this would be cool with the Chrome 451 and sixspeed in red or black?

496Magnum on Go Mango 1974 Challenger Rallye.jpg

Last edited:

I checked their sight out and think your suggestion would be perfect, now the hard part (how much is it)? I like the fact that at first glance it looks factory but then you whip your head around "Mopar never made a 456" let alone a six speed" haha. Love it

Last edited:
A little cardboard cutting, TIG wire bending, metal chopping and bending and she's all done. Got all of the excess trimmed up on the floor and the new hump screwed down until I have time to weld it in. Now it's time to build the smaller rear panel and it's off to the MC mounting.

DSCN9537.jpgDSCN9546.jpgDSCN9550.jpgDSCN9551.jpgDSCN9557.jpg

I swear Devin that looks as good as a piece right from AMD! You sure do some good work man...

I swear Devin that looks as good as a piece right from AMD! You sure do some good work man...

Thanks Ron, every once in a while I can beat the hell out of something and have it come out alright haha.

Beat the hell out of it? lol, looks like it was made myself.. Great work and im thinking you might be a great guy to get something fabricated! lol, im thinkin hard here bud :) Don't get excited just talkin but that really is some good work in my eyes!!!

I'm very glad to be done with the metal work, now it's just some seam sealing and painting to finish it off. Next week will be welding the MC bracket together, MC installed and hooked up, Bell housing checked for true, Throw out bearing measured and setup, flywheel, clutch and pressure plate installed and then the tranny reinstalled. Oh yeah, better check the throw out before then incase I need to make a spacer. I also need to change the oil pan gasket to so hopefully that isn't to hard.

View attachment 235252

View attachment 235253

- - - Updated - - -

I've been slipping with my video's so here's the song that makes me break out the air guitar (literally), kinda hard to get anything done when your trying to be Angus Young haha............. Listener discression is advised!

[video=youtube_share;X-2yuGgp_U8]http://youtu.be/X-2yuGgp_U8[/video]

Very nice metal! Who doesn't like vintage metal music with their vintage metal work? Just curious, how are you going to fix the carpet? Or will that new hump be covered with the console?

Very nice metal! Who doesn't like vintage metal music with their vintage metal work? Just curious, how are you going to fix the carpet? Or will that new hump be covered with the console?

It will get covered by the console but I'm hoping the carpet will still reach to the sill plates without being cut in half.

Your metal fabrication skills just keep continuing to amaze me Devin. Great job fitting that tranny into the limited space you had to work with. Should be an awesome upgrade.

Your metal fabrication skills just keep continuing to amaze me Devin. Great job fitting that tranny into the limited space you had to work with. Should be an awesome upgrade.

Thanks Hunt, I sure hope your right because it would be mighty depressing if it isn't.

Thanks Goon I think I've decided on one like this of coarse substitute 340 with 456 and magnum with six speed.

73Charger360MAGNUM.jpg

Thanks Hunt, I sure hope your right because it would be mighty depressing if it isn't.

Thanks Goon I think I've decided on one like this of coarse substitute 340 with 456 and magnum with six speed.

View attachment 235403

Well if there's any problems with the tranny at least there's a spare on hand for parts!! WAIT!!!!!

Love where you're going with the Call-outs I think that's going to look awesome! I'll tell you first hand the double takes and comments are the best!

Well if there's any problems with the tranny at least there's a spare on hand for parts!! WAIT!!!!!

Love where you're going with the Call-outs I think that's going to look awesome! I'll tell you first hand the double takes and comments are the best!

Checked with a bunch of providers today, waiting to hear back on the pricing.

- - - Updated - - -

Making a trip to Summit for a few things and will hopefully be ready for the final install this weekend, hoping to be ordering my driveshaft next week to finish it off. This brings me to an important question, what yoke should I buy for my 8 3/4 and where should I buy it from (probably Summit)? I figure before the shaft is built it would be a good time to upgrade the yoke and universal joint.

Dev, i would like to be able to answer your question but one day, ill be asking the same thing considering i don't even have a drive shaft lol, Im sure someone hear knows the answer and have a good trip, i wouldn't mind going there myself but i would be the kid in the candy store im afraid! :)

Dev, i would like to be able to answer your question but one day, ill be asking the same thing considering i don't even have a drive shaft lol, Im sure someone hear knows the answer and have a good trip, i wouldn't mind going there myself but i would be the kid in the candy store im afraid! :)

I always am and that's why my wife hates me going there! I'll take this, maybe 2 of these, ahh look at that, sure would like one of these, oooooooooooh look at that blower!!!!!!!!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back