• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restomod charger pics

whats next mate? how about a rear splitter? thought they would look pretty cool, especially with your custom rear exhaust

I like it! I'm wondering if I could make one out of aluminum.. What's the plan for attaching it? Stainless button heads like elsewhere?

It would be easy, you could leave an extra 1/2" overlap for rivets if you don't have the stuff to weld aluminum. I think rivets done neatly might give it a racy look too.

- - - Updated - - -

whats next mate? how about a rear splitter? thought they would look pretty cool, especially with your custom rear exhaust

What's a splitter? What's next.... the never ending task of achieving the perfect tune!! It's been running great but leaves a little to be desired at idle and right off idle so I'm switching to a QF 750 this winter to clean that up. Then finally get some heat and A/C in it and do the exhaust.... that's about it for now. Down the road I'm thinking a 4 link rear and maybe a chin spoiler?

Last edited:
It would be easy, you could leave an extra 1/2" overlap for rivets if you don't have the stuff to weld aluminum. I think rivets done neatly might give it a racy look too.
Thnx. Why didn't I think of that? Duh.. Rivets! Perfect.. Didn't want to weld. I think a little smaller ss button heads to attach it to the car would be nice. Hope you don't mind if I copy it.
You'll get full credit..:headbang:

So worries here! Still impatiently waiting to see yours in paint!

wow dev, that is gonna look killer. i hopefully will have some more time getting on here. i got the weekend off for 2016 nats. lets see if we can make it out there without a ticket..lmao

wow dev, that is gonna look killer. i hopefully will have some more time getting on here. i got the weekend off for 2016 nats. lets see if we can make it out there without a ticket..lmao

Thanks. Looking foward to it, to bad we're coming from opposite directions. As for the ticket.... I can't believe I haven't already got one! As you know 6 gears results in cruising speeds in excess of 80 mph with 100 mph jogs here and there while never even straining the motor.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice looking job you did on that piece, I think it looks good in there.

Robert

Thanks Superfreak, can't wait to see your build finished up... one of my favorites on here.

Thank You sir.
unfortunately no workie on car until the outside reno's are done and that is slow due to having to work so much.

I hate spending a lot of money on anything until I'm confident that it's gonna work so the last 2 summers I've been experimenting with carberation buying them off Ebay then re-selling them to fund the next. First one was an 870 Avenger followed by a Demon 850 Mech Sec, both worked well and served their purpose leading me to my conclusion. Thanks to the guys here at FBBO I got in touch with Don at 4 seconds flat and got a Q Series 750 mech sec Quick Fuel headed my way already custom tuned for my setup and at a really good price. Showed up Friday and I was out cruising for a good 4 hours today with zero issues, the tuning was as near perfect as I could hope for out of the box. The off idle stumble that I had learned to work around was gone, 6th to 3rd gear full throttle downshifts are clean and crisp and it performs flawlessly no matter what you throw at it........ sometimes it pays to spend some doe. I'd recommend Don's service to anybody looking for a good carb, love it! Oh yeah, custom tuned, engine tested, black diamond coating, AN fittings installed and delivered to my door and still $87.00 cheaper than buying a stock QF from Summit... can't beat that!

IMG-20160129-WA0002.jpg

Who is this Don fella?

Don at FBO (4 seconds flat), for some reason I can never find his site if I Google FBO but 4 seconds flat pulls it up everytime. They specialize in ignition and carb tuning, very helpful and knowledgeable.

I believe this is the year of completion, knowing I'm now finally installing A/C I started looking into my belt situation which lead me to this.. Sweeeeeeeet

View attachment 311701

As is always the case with cars the A/C has started a snowball efect. A/C requires a new belt setup, new setup requires elecric fans, new power steeting pump, alternator, more wiring, blah, blah, blah.

- - - Updated - - -

With all the money to be spent I spent wisely, went shopping at Summits scratch and dent sale and scored this $250 condensor for a whopping $75.00!

20160304_205059.jpg

Since I already bought the saden pump when I was planning on running v belts I needed a serpentine setup.... $129.00 setup bought for $50.00 at the sale!

20160304_205212.jpg

Picked up the Vintage Air Gen II Super Cooler.... full price :(

20160304_205235.jpg

For fan control I bought this American made controller that has some cool features and keeps everything nice and neat.

View attachment 311712

For fans Goon put me on the right path with a dual 11 Spal. This is a $350 setup scored brand new off Ebay for $200. Already made all the brackets out of stainless and is ready to rock.

20160304_231216.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Here's how I went about attaching the fans. Stainless shrouds were bent to adapt the 16" tall fan to the 18 tall radiator. My brake did not like bending this stuff at all.

20160304_231206.jpg

20160304_231148.jpg

20160304_231142.jpg

20160304_222203.jpg

This was the best thing I could come up with for attaching to the bottom of the radiator, they don't give you much!

20160304_223747.jpg

Completion? No such thing!! Hahah

Those were definitely some good scored and the rad shroud and trim edges look great. Hopefully the fans play nice clearance wise with the serpentine system and you're damn near there

Getting closer.
X2 Goon, they're never done. Tweaking is my favorite part once they're on the road.

Figured I'd update the ancient thread with this years upgrades, also want to get this kit out there for as many to see as possible because it's one sweeeeet setup. This year I finally installed heat and A/C, I went with Vintage Air using their GenII Super Cooler. I know little about A/C but had zero issues installing it (not a kit but all custom), very pleased with the results. Only big issue to really take into consideration is the duct routing, the wiper arms are right there making routing something to put some thought into.

The switch to A/C meant it was time to deal with the belt setup, I decided to go with SD Concepts kit for a few reasons.

#1 True single belt with tensioner design.
#2 Tucks everything in neatly and mounts the A/C where it should be.
#3 Uses off the shelf readily available components.
#4 Doesn't look all crazy like some of the other expensive bling, bling kits.
#5 Cost, $650 for the kit.
The power steering pump, alt, crankshaft pulley and water pump pulley can be sourced from the salvage yard and you'll need to buy a water pump with an anti cavitation plate, the belt, tensioner and A/C pump from your local parts supplier. The reverse rotation water pump also means you'll have to deal with the cooling fan if your running a mechanical fan as well.
20160328_211608.jpg

20160401_210758.jpg

20160402_003143.jpg

20160406_211424.jpg

Put some miles on it already with zero issues.

Devin, Que Pasa Mano, been a munute.....boy Your plumbing is sure pretty. I put a couple of music jamb video links up.....durty@ darkthirty.
Yep, as always Your stuff is Aces.
bc

Auto Transport Service
Back