• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restoration of my 1969 Dodge Charger in Belgium

ELLIOT

Local time
1:30 PM
Reaction score
Resto thread of my 1969 Dodge Charger. Presentation thread here : http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopar...lgium-!-Want-a-beer&p=910268720#post910268720

Hello everyone !

This is my Charger :

dsc_1110.jpg

dsc_1210.jpg

First, as I said, I plan and estimate everything before I get the car. I had a clear idea of what will be the perfect B-body for me ! So, what I want from my car ?!

- Low 13sec 1/4 mile ticket time (12sec should be great!)
- I want it to be easy to use (Don't want to open the hood every 100 miles)
- I want to daily drive it ! And get good gas mileage !

Okay I'm realistic, I will never get 30 mpg but I'm planning on 20 or 25. I'm planning to use in a futur evolution a Gearvendor overdrive and a EFI !

Because I want to daily drive it, It had to be confortable ! but as I'm a young adult and I need a lot of adrenaline :sideways tongue: It as to handle around the corner, brake hard.

For the suspension and steering ; It will be a mixt up with Firmfeel HD parts, RMS upper control arm, Home made tubular strut rod and poly bushings.
For the brake : (I want to keep 15" wheels) Doctor diff front dis brake 11.75 and for the rear 10.7 dis brake.
With an homemade hydroboost kit for less than 300$

Originaly the car was blue with a vinyl top. I love blue car so it's staying blue with a black vinyl top. With steel wheels and dog dishes. And an bumblebee stripe on the back

Here is a friend old Charger (Don't like the 20inch wheels but except that I should be the same car)

dsc_0211.jpg

Or this one but in blue

img_2011.jpg

More to see later :headbang:

Elliot

Very nice,
I've worked for a Belgian company for the past 16 years and made more trips across the pond than I can remember and I don't think I've ever came across any sweet MOPARS during my travels. How does it even fit on some of the back streets?

It's true that there is not so much Mopar here is Belgium. I know a 69 Charger, a 69 Coronet, a 70 Challenger, a 6 Pack Challenger 70, 71 Cuda 6 pack. and that's all :angel3:

So when I bought the Charger, I knew that I needed sooner or later an Engine .. I wanted a 440 glorious Big block Mopar ! And I was lucky :angel9: A friend was selling is freshly rebuild 440 with a bulletproof 727 for a very fare price ! And why ? Because he his swapping a 512 with a Passon Perf 4 speed in his protouring Cuda :headbang:

10610.jpg

Here is my 440 with TTI and the hold 4 Speed. I had the choice for a 4 speed or an automatic but for my first Muscle car I wanted a reliable and easy to drive car :icon_lol: Plus my other car his already a shift ... Okay it's a renault :icon_lol: :icon_lol: So the 440 ! it's a completely rebuild with forged internal crank/rods/piston. The heads a goodyear 440 with a little bit of Dremel action :laughing6:

440-f811.jpg

I think it's the best choice for a first engine in my first car :hello2:

Elliot.

good luck elliott and keep us updated.

That's a great looking eng . I would think long and hard about what trans to use now's the time to do a conversion, the 4 speed is a great trans with little to no problems(as is the 727) the 4 speed does have an extra gear witch should help you get a bit better mpg ,also there fun as hell to drive. There deff not a Renault. But it's your car do it as you see fit . It looks great so far keep up the good work

Auto Transport Service
Back