• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Road Trip Gulf Coast to NorCal

Leaving Natchez, then north, Fort Smith, then West, Moore Oklahoma. Then Amarillo, just like the song.

On the 40. Thought you would of taken the southern route on I-10. Been getting colder up north

Leaving Natchez, then north, Fort Smith, then West, Moore Oklahoma. Then Amarillo, just like the song.

On the 40. Thought you would of taken the southern route on I-10. Looks like Flagstaff is clear, been getting down into the 30s at night. It will warm right up as soon as you hit the desert.

Yep. Won’t sugar coat the thread. You’ll get it all. If I was a gambler, wouldn’t put any $ on Linda NOT getting on a westbound Southwest Jet between here and Amarillo.
You're welcome to put her on a plane in OKC and stay here a week until she cools off. :D

D6DDDF1E-A726-4BF5-8489-809D1EC1A475.jpeg
A3A058F5-27B3-4489-9505-76E251E1A2DB.jpeg
Simple things are hard now. Was down less than 1/2 qt and planning to hammer it today. So I tried to make a small add. Now the oil won’t go in the filler. WTF. Under normal conditions you need a ******* thimble since I agreed to give up my 70 orange valve covers for these pieces of ****. Baffle is close, so I trimmed a special funnel. Car won’t take an add. In the morning I’ll try the other valve cove. The one with the egg rattler. It’s finicky. I hate to touch it.

We like these old cars because they are so simple to work on. :D

Try raising the front of the car a bit and see if that helps before you take a chance on the rattler thingamajigy.

91BCECE6-8F1A-4AE0-8285-61F901DE0E80.jpeg
149F17CD-1E4E-42D8-9421-430B6A5E3A06.jpeg
8CC3AF22-E06F-46A5-907B-6748F0032181.jpeg
89F2F89C-8387-4FB2-91C5-B4436117FA19.jpeg
3211D57B-E8BD-4E72-A3B6-8C94E9FFBA7B.jpeg
8ADDC9C6-A28B-4D0E-8593-493738CE7D25.jpeg
El Dorado, Arkansas now. In a Hampton that should be closed. So much major construction, you can’t get in most doors, bad ice machine, key cards don't work etc. Good news, the weather is great and the hiways and byways of Northern Louisiana and Southern Arkansas make for great touring and driving. Toured the Longwood Homein Natchez, then 167 North. Sweet.

Yep. Trust me. My wife is the most awesome greatest person in the world. Up right until the breaking point. We are talking about a girl that jumped off a amuzement ride mid ride.
And why did she do that! Was she that tired of your crap?? LOL :D Never mind!!! LOL

Dennis, when shall I expect you and the Mrs. in my neck of the woods?
Not sure, planned to make Hot Springs today. Didn’t make it with the 24 hour $900 dollar detour. Heading up scenic 7 tomorrow, then over to Fort Smith, then West playing it by ear.

The Oklahoma Aquarium in Jenks, which is on the outskirts of Tulsa, is awesome if you have time. Tickets are $17.50 for adults. There is a restaurant called the Ale Haus overlooking the Arkansas river within a stone's throw of the Aquarium that has good Shepherd's Pie. They are supposed to have good ale, too.

Grew up near Amish Country. Love the food, didn’t know that there are Amish in those parts.

Grew up near Amish Country. Love the food, didn’t know that there are Amish in those parts.
Amish and Mennonites. They are not too far off of I-40. I used to travel around the state when I worked for the Department of Environmental Quality. We had a spreadsheet of all the places to eat and there locations; sort of like Tripadvisor before there was one.

Auto Transport Service
Back