• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Roadbird's 1970 Roadrunner restoration.

Was that on the motor? I've got some extra pulley's, but I don't think I have a 4 groove.

Yes, original to my 383 HP. 4 groove for water pump / clutch fan, power steering / pump, alternator and air conditioner.

Progress.

Did some cleaning and setting up my carport as over head cover for some parts for my roadrunner so I can have some room to work on it. I also had an electrician run conduit and hook up 230V power for my 60 gallon Air compressor. Runs really quiet and getting ready to try and play with my new dual master blaster from Eastwood which I purchased back in May 2012 when I was in Kuwait. Had it stored in my garage. Check out the pics and recently acquired driver side door and 68 RR passenger side fender. I plan on using the lower part of the fender for replacement metal on my 70 RR fender, here it is and enjoy.

Attachments

• photo (44).JPG
    photo (44).JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 395
  • photo (45).JPG
    photo (45).JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 397
  • photo (46).JPG
    photo (46).JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 391
last I kw you can get the lower fender section instead of cutting a good fender,

hay man nice project... just some info. i got a 73 sitting on casters not on a rotisserie, it was a little difficult to wok under her but not to bad. i understand budgeting... i spent 350 on parts for the caster and steel. if you take a look at my pics i think you can see it... i know you probably want the best for your baby but sometimes the best is pretty expensive...lol good luck with your project!

yes they sell just the dog leg

Yeah but I bought the door and the fender about 3 miles from me for $200 smackaroos. Couldn't pass up the deal and without paying for shipping or freight charges. Unless somebody wants to buy some rust free 68 RR fender for $300?, Lol, anybody? I could get the left side too and sell for $500.

heck yes, put those in the classifieds here, and get $$ for you project!

Yeah but I bought the door and the fender about 3 miles from me for $200 smackaroos. Couldn't pass up the deal and without paying for shipping or freight charges. Unless somebody wants to buy some rust free 68 RR fender for $300?, Lol, anybody? I could get the left side too and sell for $500.

Yep and the AMD parts would leave you cash left over and someone else would be happy as well.

Looks like a nice little work area! What are you doing now post US Army life?

Well my last day in the Army is on Oct. 29th and today I just started on my online BA in Health Care Administration. So I still have some money coming in and currently working on posting my resume on some jobs sites.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep and the AMD parts would leave you cash left over and someone else would be happy as well.

Let me get the other fender and then think about posting a sell on here. I might shoot for $600 though because I really could use the money for my project.

Did a little setting up and work on my roadrunner. Still need to scrape some of the undercoating and do some blasting on the body. Here are some pics.

Attachments

• photo(1).JPG
    photo(1).JPG
    53 KB · Views: 302
  • photo(2).JPG
    photo(2).JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 297
Well folks I posted the 68 RR passenger fender for sale on the Exterior Parts for sale category and I have someone interested in buying it but I found out that it's really expensive to ship that size of a package or crate and so I am still selling it here on the forums but for economically reasons it must be locally picked up at 98387.

I shipped 2 70 charger fenders from iowa to california for $150 through greyhound bus

I shipped 2 70 charger fenders from iowa to california for $150 through greyhound bus

Ditto on that, I had fenders and door shells shipped to Mnpls from AZ real cheap wrapped in bubble wrap and cardboard. Unfortunately only the downtown station receives big items here.

Okay thanks guys and I'll be checking on this. I also found out that the postal service can't ship my item because it's too large. I will let buyer know on the other thread. Thanks again guys.

Aw man, Where are you finding '68 body parts around here? LoL. If I had the money right now I would be interested.
Did your source have the rest of the car/front end?, If so, Will the parts potentially be around any length of time?

I had a full Fox T-Bird Body Kit shipped to Me from Florida to Here via Greyhound for about $150 a few years ago. (Massive Frankenstein Box).

That looks like a great set up from Eastwood and will be a great help building that bird! Good luck with selling the parts and Roxanne's make over!!

Aw man, Where are you finding '68 body parts around here? LoL. If I had the money right now I would be interested.
Did your source have the rest of the car/front end?, If so, Will the parts potentially be around any length of time?

I had a full Fox T-Bird Body Kit shipped to Me from Florida to Here via Greyhound for about $150 a few years ago. (Massive Frankenstein Box).

PM me and we can talk about it as I see we're in the same state. I tried to get other parts from my friend but he needs it for his cars. 68, 69, 70 Satellites and Roadrunners that has been sitting in his garage/barn or old makeshift shack for his cars.

Auto Transport Service
Back