• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Roller rocker centered on the valve stem

I do not know of any Mopar rockers that are "right" on both sides
even with b3 kit most are off on the pushrod side
ask b3 which ones are "best" and report back

What really irritates me is that I paid $1000 for these rocker arms that are supposedly built to fit Edelbrock and Trick Flow heads, and they are not right, and require hundreds more $$ to make them right. There are much less expensive rocker arms to purchase if you are willing to accept them being not right.
I like this thread. A classic story I can relate to.

i believe B3 has some prototype rockers he is working on.
Regardless of the type/make roller rocker you are using, the rocker shaft position needs to be moved anyway with keeping in mind the variables as valve stem height and camshaft specs.

Its too bad you had to pay that money for these rockers if there would have been cheaper options.
Saying that, you would have likely payed 650-700 for a good set of rockers as a minimum anyway, but that and adding a B3 kit would have kept the cost significantly lower then now.
There are cheaper options but i don't know the quality of them.
I even wondered why brands like Edelbrock and Trick flow never adressed this and instead of copying the stock head style rocker stand position and angle they made it in such a way that a certain rocker size will be spot on.
Then again, you are still stuck with variables that can throw it off again and you still have to adjust things.
That's the downside of the rocker arm type setup, the benefit is having a more stable and solid valve train though.

Final pattern on the valve stem after the engine has been ran. B3 got it right.

20200624-132547.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back