• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rotten Craigslist response, need to vent

1971 plymouth roadrunner

Local time
10:01 AM
Reaction score
Wow I just went to check my email and received a response from a potential seller that was WAY over the top, I was truly offended by the language that he was using with somebody that had expressed interest in buying some parts (although I wasn't all that heavily interested in the first place). I wasn't even expecting a response as I kinda low balled him, but the email I received included some racial epithets and words that I will not repeat on here. I reported the post and responded to him that he should respectively go f*ck himself and to never email me again. I have never in all my years of buying and selling on a site that is full of otherwise nice people looking to get rid of their stuff received such a horrible and disgusting response from a person who I had just asked a simple question to. I am seldom offended by a simple rejection, but the way it was worded and the evil language was so unexpected that I just couldn't help but vent a little on here. I won't bother to post the ad that he has up, but what he has for sale has been up a while and now I guess I know why. I can't imagine that this is all that common, I have heard stories about the weirdos, I just never figured that it would happen to me.

Ya' know, some people are just rotten to the core. You --or anyone else --doesn't need a negative response that implies or degrades anyone. I would guess that he will not respond to you again. If he does, then I would send a letter that would singe his short hairs. JMHO

Rick

some people are extremely rude, when they respond back...
Also that don't have a clue & will never have a clue...

I've got a couple of weird responses from sellers over the years,
I just laugh usually... Someone had a really bad day or something...
Location where they live {inner-city} seemed to be allot of the reasoning in common...

good luck with your search

Perhaps you got this guy.

"What is this?

This is a collection of e-mails I have sent to people who post classified ads. My goal is to mess with them, confuse them, and/or piss them off.
"
http://www.dontevenreply.com/top.php

I didn't have an ad up, he has some parts posted that I guess will never sell. He said that he was open to all offers, I guess he may have paid more for them, or doesn't want to let it all go. Whatever the case, I reported him to Craigslist and went on my way. I was just shocked by the horrible language used to convey a simple "no". I take no offense to someone rejecting an offer, I have had it happen dozens of times through the years and have gotten used to people who have the "Barrett Jackson Syndrome".

craigslist is like you never get a response but then when you do its from a asshole that website is a joke

The good news is that he "helped" you out with that E-mail and you didn't end up meeting the crazy face-to-face ! That could have been really BAD !

Bummer on the really bad experience . . . some people have just got no clue . . . I think you ran into one of them . . .

there's nothing more rude than when they don't respond at all.

There's a guy not far from me who does the same thing on CL. He posts all these parts at really ridiculous prices then gets all upset and outraged when you call him on it. He's been trying to sell the same parts for four years that I know of. I guess he just likes getting the attention as he seems like someone nobody would ever want to hang with in real life.

I noticed that joker with the cut up "rare" 400 Roadrunner is back.

...and now back up to 10K after a year or so of NOT selling it for 8K.

Does that guy just not see the running, driving 400 Roadrunners with nice shiny paint selling for 8-12K?

Craigslist = bottom feeders.
I've had decent results on CL selling parts and other stuff. We also do estate sales and sometimes sell certain items on CL instead of at the sale location. Yeah, there's plenty of bottom feeders there but bottom feeders are everywhere. It's rare here but every now and then, I run across one.

craigslist is like you never get a response but then when you do its from a asshole that website is a joke
There's been times when all I got was one response but that person bought the item.....

must have been a really low offer. I wouldn't have replied at all in hopes that you would go away. I would have just said the offensive things to myself!
I love CL! Nothing but positive results and everything i've ever posted sells! I can't stand the guy that makes an offer on something without seeing it! EG a car! I don't even use email. I always include my phone #. maybe it makes a diff.
KID

I have only had some people who try to tie up your sale item by saying they will come and pick up the part with cash and they call and call changing the pick up day again and again.

Auto Transport Service
Back