• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RPM intake fit

MikeyT

Local time
5:24 PM
Reaction score
Hey guys

I was thinking of upgrading to a Edlebrock rpm intake on my 440 in a 1969 Dodge Superbee. I would like to run a standard air cleaner and a 750 holly carb on it. I'm wondering if I will have fit issues?

thanks, and happy holidays,

Mike

It depends on how close your hood is now. Take a little bit of play-doh and roll it up in a ball and set it on your current air cleaner, shut the hood and the ball will show you how much clearance you have. I think you need an inch or so with the RPM. If you don't have the room you'll have to run a drop base for your air cleaner.

Cool! That is a really good idea, thank you!

Mike

I used a Edlebrock rpm intake and holley on my 440 in my 66 belvedere and clearance in very close. I had to use a shorter air filter which lowered the breather lid but it does fit with no problems. A drop base would cause other clearances issues like the location of the coil. I didn't need a drop base.

Attachments

• aplymouthengine.jpg
    aplymouthengine.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 245
  • bplymouthengine.jpg
    bplymouthengine.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 248
My buddy ran a Holley street dominator intake on his '69 roadrunner, Holley 750 DP, Fit fine.

This is a Holly Steet Dominator intake with a Carter 750.

Attachments

• Engine installed.jpg
    Engine installed.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 218
Not to change subjects, but all those are awesome engine shots!!!

Thanks for the help.
Mike

Auto Transport Service
Back