• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Victor 440 intake surprise

fourgearsavoy

Local time
8:35 AM
Reaction score
I recently put a small street (528/244) solid roller in my 493 and have been running a Performer RPM intake and it runs pretty good. I recently took it to the track to see how the new cam swap runs now. I bolted Victor 440 intake on so I could wind it up a little higher. I was surprised at how good it runs down low even compared to the RPM dual plane. It actually cured some slight hesitation issues at part throttle tip in that I had with the RPM. The engine feels much more relaxed and happy with the new swap and at highway speeds around 3000 RPM it feels clean and not working so hard. Strange how a smaller cam likes the bigger intake. I cant explain it but I love it.

Gus

I recently put a small street (528/244) solid roller in my 493 and have been running a Performer RPM intake and it runs pretty good. I recently took it to the track to see how the new cam swap runs now. I bolted Victor 440 intake on so I could wind it up a little higher. I was surprised at how good it runs down low even compared to the RPM dual plane. It actually cured some slight hesitation issues at part throttle tip in that I had with the RPM. The engine feels much more relaxed and happy with the new swap and at highway speeds around 3000 RPM it feels clean and not working so hard. Strange how a smaller cam likes the bigger intake. I cant explain it but I love it.

Gus
same here , no problems , my 505 has more than enough to handle it ...

Auto Transport Service
Back