• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Safe magnet information.... General Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly ! Why don't you people read history without your bias blinding you ? What were the Christians supposed to do ? Capitulate ? Like the liberals do now to the rioters ?
Turn the other cheek or some other love your brother type of thing.

People who protest about the Confederate flag don't know the history of the civil war. The war was not about freeing slaves, it was because states withdrew from the union of the United States. It was a matter of states rights over federal rights. Freeing the slaves was a ploy Lincoln used to cause confusion in the south to help the north win the war.
But why did the South want to leave the union?

If one is ashamed or scared to have that flag on that car, just sell it, buy a plain Jane charger and then there’s never any worry. Trying to cover it up is like putting make up on a pig, underneath, it’s still the same. And if the area or situations is as bad as the OP says, people will see that 01, pull up said magnet and see the flag under it is still there. can Easily see that happening.

I'm offended that so many are offended :D.....and that said, I'm surprised this thread is still going and has had absolutely no reports!!

But why did the South want to leave the union?
If you believe the rhetoric pushed on us by the Liberal media, an institution that a Bay Area guy like you is likely in bed with, it was entirely about slavery.
It was not. There was more to it. The Liberal indoctrination machine has a history of changing the narrative away from what does not serve their interests.

Hi everyone. I am in need of some help please.... I have a 69 Charger - General Lee and am looking to have an American Flag magnet made to cover over the Confederate Flag. I like this idea vs. permanent removal & then painting of the American Flag at the moment. The repainting option is a lot of work and $ as well. The magnet should work well, I just don't trust vista print or staples to make a magnet that 1) is safe and 2) looks good.

Does anyone have experience / recommendations on a place to get a custom one made?

Thank you all as always!
THIS POLITICAL CORRECTNESS HAS GOTTEN WAY OUT OF HAND if you have to start camouflaging your car to go to a cruise night.
I doubt very seriously that neither Kid Rock nor Lynyrd Skynyrd will have any issues with displaying the Confederate Flag during their concerts. What would " Sweet Home Alabama " be without it ?

Hence my tagline....

"Surrender means that the history of this heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers; learn from Northern school books THEIR version of the war; and taught to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects of derision."
Gen. Patrick Cleburne, CSA

I got a red x I'm offended!!!
Let the butt hurt commence!!!

I like the ones who say the civil war was all about slavery!!!
And they say there educated!!!
Dumbass'

Buy Hitler's car to park next to yours and use it as the ultimate decoy for the haters to thrash on ($150k+) or just over insure the living crap out of it and if it gets destroyed you can replace it with two of them and offend twice as much.

Buy Hitler's car to park next to yours and use it as the ultimate decoy for the haters to thrash on ($150k+) or just over insure the living crap out of it and if it gets destroyed you can replace it with two of them and offend twice as much.

God I wish I could afford Hitler's car that would be freaking cool!

You do know Hitler's car is just a car and didn't do anything wrong!?!?

People who protest about the Confederate flag don't know the history of the civil war. The war was not about freeing slaves, it was because states withdrew from the union of the United States. It was a matter of states rights over federal rights. Freeing the slaves was a ploy Lincoln used to cause confusion in the south to help the north win the war.

This is incorrect. The Republican Party was founded to end slavery. Abraham Lincoln was the first Republican President. There's a book, I have it on audio CD called Founding Brothers. Well documented account of how the Constitution was ratified. The debate over freeing the slaves was a huge issue as the Declaration of Independence states that: We hold these truths to be self-evident, that ALL men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are LIFE, LIBERTY and the pursuit of HAPPINESS. The following language is particularly relevant to what is happening today and worth looking up if you don't remember or never read what it says. The reference to HAPPINESS was part of this debate because of slavery as these human beings were considered property and the argument was that this was not considered something to pursue in a land of Liberty.

If you read the Federalist Papers, you'll realize the debate about creating a Confederacy (Articles of Confederation) as opposed to a Union. Alexander Hamilton was adamantly opposed to a Confederacy. He knew that throughout world history Confederacies ALWAYS failed. Lincoln knew this as well which is why he wouldn't let the southern states withdraw. And the southern states would not ratify the Constitution unless the abolishment of slavery was postponed - supposedly for 20yrs. The debate over what to do with the freed slaves was very interesting and worth studying.

Either you believe in the Declaration of Independence or you don't. This document and the US Constitution are inseparable. If you read the 14th Amendment, introduced after the Abolishment of slavery in the 13th, the language about pursuit of Happiness was changed to PROPERTY. The idea that a state has the right to enslave people is a lame argument in the face of why this country was founded. States wanted to withdraw from the Union because of the introduction of the 13th Amendment, the abolishment of slavery. EVERY slave owner was a Democrat. These are people who thrive on the feudal plantation system even to this day, whether it was direct slavery before it was abolished or the reenactment of it with the Welfare system.

Malice Toward None: Abraham Lincoln's Second Inaugural Address by Jack E. Levin gives a CORRECT documented timeline of what happened before and during the Civil War. Nearly 250yrs later most history classes don't teach how Great Britten was working very hard to destroy this nation. Island nations like GB depend on getting resources from their colonies. They didn't want to lose the resources this country had to offer. They did a lot to provide slaves to the south, making a ton of money by basically stealing people and transporting them to auction.(By the way, the way they got these potential slaves was by buying them from Africans. One tribe would conquer another tribe and sell the losers to the British). Good profit margin...Plantation owners had to sell their cotton to the mother country, since they couldn't grow cotton themselves. So this system worked well for GB and they weren't happy about losing it. Who killed Lincoln? The simple answer is J.W. Booth...who was behind the plan?

Hillaries America, the Secret History of the DemocratICK Party by Denesh DeSouza presents well documented accounts of Democrats throughout the history of the US. Decietful, dishonest, anti Christian, anti American traitors.

Let's say your assumption is correct, that it was a ploy Lincoln used to win the war...wow, free people from forced labor...that's terrible! Enslavement should never have been tolerated in a country founded on Freedom, Abigail Adams had many discussions with her husband John about the hypocrisy. The importance of the Union can't be emphasized enough. Americans don't know their history. I've heard comments like yours many times and it doesn't make any sense in a Christian environment. If you haven't seen it, watch the movie "Lincoln". Good account of the ratification of the Thirteenth Amendment.

Last edited:
If you believe the rhetoric pushed on us by the Liberal media, an institution that a Bay Area guy like you is likely in bed with, it was entirely about slavery.
It was not. There was more to it. The Liberal indoctrination machine has a history of changing the narrative away from what does not serve their interests.
The winners get to write the history, as the saying goes....
There is SO much documentation on the events that led up to the secession of the southern states from the Union.
Most of the pertinent parties involved were quite prolific, in fact.
Folks need only do some rudimentary homework (yes, I know they don't teach it in school much anymore)
in order to find out the original (and therefore, REAL) reasons for the war.
I'm not going to do anyone's homework for them, but here's a hint:
It wasn't called "the war of northern aggression" for nothing.

Christians/Muslim conflicts have been going on for centuries.... still I feel that it isn't right to teardown/distroy statues from our history, these should be placed in an appropriate location for history conservation not in the middle of town square. Two wrongs don't make it right

Actually, what's behind the history of war of any kind are the banks, going back thousands of years. How do banks make money? By lending it. Wars are expensive and they made money lending it to both sides after starting it between all kinds of people. Lots of history...How did the Bubonic Plague get to Europe? The banks...

Wow. A lot of judging and assuming going on here. Lived in Chicago a decade. Loved Bears since I was a kid - 85 Bears! Blackhawk fan as well! No politics for me in this forum - this is for cars not political drama.

This post wasn’t to stir a pot or have anyone being ignorant to one another. Sucks it kind of turned into that. I’m just a mopar lover 67 Cuda, 69 RR and 69 Charger and was looking for info on a project that I want to do on MY car. That’s all. For those of you that maturely replied and emailed me - thank you very much. Looks like I’m going to go the wrap route in a few weeks here locally as it is quick and affordable and from what I can see in examples, looks good.

Thank you all again very much. I wish you all good health, happiness and safety during these current tough times.

PS - did you all ever think for one second that I may be African American?

God bless.

Yes, I did. Either way, do you really care what people think about your car? Several comments on this thread have correctly stated that the other features of this car give it away no matter what is on the roof and whether you cover it up or not it still represents a car known for having a Union Jack on the roof. I was thinking as I was reading many of the comments that this didn't turn in to a political discussion, it started out as one just by the nature or your inquiry. The fact that this is even an issue is indicative of how divisive all of this crap is. Schools won't teach George Washington any more because he was a rich white guy...instead they want to teach Charles Manson. Stupidity has destroyed this country. People need to arm themselves with knowledge. Promote the car as something from a TV show about dumbass hicks from KY who don't even know how to use a car door handle...

Are you an idiot or just stupid? You obviously haven't read your history books on the crusades. 400 plus years of persian muslims that invaded and ere taking over the world as it was then. They occupied Italy spain and France and were killing and raping as they pleased. They were advancing into Europe and some said no more and killed the pos that were killing everyone in their country. Really READ UP ON HISTORY! DONT LISTEN TO PROPAGANDA LIKE THE FOOLS ON THE STREET!

image.png
image.png
image.png

The Civil War started over the creation of taxes for slave owners. Slave owners were predominantly in the south and did not want to pay taxes to the government. The States started succeeding from the Union and created the Confederacy. Lincoln used the issue to start the war in the same way that "Weapons of Mass Destruction" was used to start a war in the Middle East. Sometimes history repeats itself just because people have gotten better at it and not because they haven't learned the lesson. The Confederate flag is no more a sign of racism than people that wear grey clothes.

Are you talking about Duties and Tarrifs which are provided for in the Constitution? If so, you need to study the history of manufacturing and what happens when you go to war with the country that forces you to buy their crappy manufactured goods and outlaw making them in your own country.

I posted this in another thread. It's worth watching if you haven't yet. Who doesn't know more about catching hell from people against the Confederate Flag but "Bo Duke"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back