• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Saw this on CL, 1969 Hemi Roadrunner! Looks nice but....

aaabbb.jpg

The engine may be original to the car, but it's been touched. Ma Mopar painted her aluminum intakes, didn't leave them to corrode like Chevy did. As for the rest of the drivetrain, I'm sure quite a number of original torqueflites were replaced under warrantee. It's too bad it needed repainting with low miles and decades of storage...

It's a nice RR, but if I'm buying it for that kind of $ it has to be all original, but that's just me.

RM21 nice car, but not in/on my budget thou...

I don't mind the green on green either...
at-least it's a bucket seats & console car

"It's a Hemi"

Looks pretty sweet to me. I'm a Hemi lover myself. The green on green looks nice - but a bit pedestrian for a Hemi and a car of that price. I guess I'm looking for something a bit more nasty looking.

why only a 120 mph speedo?

What they have. Same as my car.

Cool car but I think asking price is high
I would put this car at $55K
1. Its a number 3 to 4 on the body
2. Collectability? "C"
3. Needs work, so it eliminates the "High Dollar" figure

Yup just another dreamer who has no idea what the car is really worth!! Could of got a 68' hemi 4 gear RR at mecuim this spring that was 100% original 26k milage car for 60k and it was red just another example of how people see a 1of2 hemi cuda go for a million and think theirs has to be worth that much to SMH:eusa_naughty:

Cool car but I think asking price is high
I would put this car at $55K
1. Its a number 3 to 4 on the body
2. Collectability? "C"
3. Needs work, so it eliminates the "High Dollar" figure

LOL...

I'll buy Hemi Road Runners in this shape all day for $55K

1. That would be a rust bucket missing a lot of pieces. No worse than a 2 on this one.
2. '69 Hemi RR's a C???????????? They're one of the most desirable B bodies out there.
3. 95K a 'high dollar figure'? Far from it........ From where I sit, 95K is fairly realistic.

dont show me the trunk mat, show me what is under it

beautiful car, but that's a crappy looking trunk lid emblem...way outta my league anyway.

Attachments

• 00000_gLp89B8OWzn_600x450.jpg
    00000_gLp89B8OWzn_600x450.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 238
I wouldn't argue that $55 is too low. But I wouldn't argue that $95 is too high. For $95 I think you have to be pristine plus. It's a nice car. Sure would like to own it.

LOL...

I'll buy Hemi Road Runners in this shape all day for $55K

1. That would be a rust bucket missing a lot of pieces. No worse than a 2 on this one.
2. '69 Hemi RR's a C???????????? They're one of the most desirable B bodies out there.
3. 95K a 'high dollar figure'? Far from it........ From where I sit, 95K is fairly realistic.

Simple solution guys:
Log on to Mecum auctions
YOU ARE MEMBERS CORRECT?

Check out recent sales.
Hate to burst your bubble but $95K for that car is WAY overpriced.
Auction SALES reflect a stabilization of the later B-body Hemi cars.
NOTE: Not including 71 models

Most recent at RM:
Triple black 69 Hemi roadrunner:
#2 condition, original drive train: $65K

Recent Mecum auction:
CenturyLink Field Event Center // 800 Occidental Ave S // Seattle, WA
1. 1970 Hemi roadrunner: High bid: $70K (No sale)
2. 1965 Plymouth Belvedere w/ Dick Landy Built Hemi Engine (Clone) SOLD $32K
3. 1969 Plymouth Hemi Road Runner 426 CI, Automatic Red/'Red #1 condition SOLD $81K
4. 1969 1/2 Dodge Super Bee M-Code 440 Six Pack, 4-Speed #2 condition SOLD $52K
5. 1970 Plymouth GTX V-Code 440 Six Pack, White Top and Interior #1 condition SOLD $62K
Indianapolis
1. 1966 Plymouth Hemi Satellite 426/425 HP, 4-Speed Condition: #1 SOLD $60K

BUT; it is always a great debate mmissile and 69coronetrt (Whom I have much respect for...)

Asking price is one thing, selling price is another.

I saw this 69 Hemi Roadrunner on CL, It looks nice, but one has to wonder what happened to the transmission and rear end on a car that only has 23K miles.

Simple answer to that: The car was actually used as intended; i.e. thrashed to within an inch of its' life by the original owner, who broke parts, the way God intended. The car was parked, then brought back to life. Easy.

Auto Transport Service
Back