• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Saw This On FB - 440 Source

Don67Satellite

Local time
12:47 PM
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been posted already, but came across this on the @440 Source Facebook page. Apparently they announced in June that they are re-releasing BB Mopar Ductile Iron Rockers.

In production, coming soon. Very interesting. They claim "at a very affordable price", that remains to be seen considering the kings ransom I have seen old sets ask for.

Screen Shot 2023-09-10 at 10.42.16 AM.png

Last edited:
No doubt made from the finest chineesium.
Anybody want to gues on the price?
I'll go first:
$349.99

I'll guess $324.99 per set for the rockers, shafts, and springs.

I guess you could magnaflux them to check for cracks.

This is good news. It would be nice if they offered a 1.6 ratio as well.

Imo, speedmaster stainless rollers for a bbc are $300. Cast iron should be cheaper, so, since they claim a reasonable price, .... $250.

Not interested if they are over $300. Speedmaster already makes Chinese rockers for the BBM.

IMG_3907.jpeg

Not interested if they are over $300. Speedmaster already makes Chinese rockers for the BBM.

View attachment 1523333
Those look like the offset rockers for the Victor knockoffs. Are they yours, have you run them, what do you think of them?
I have some maxwedge port Victor's, not looking forward to $900 Hughes, or $1500 T&D.

Those look like the offset rockers for the Victor knockoffs. Are they yours, have you run them, what do you thinkof them?
Good eye! Yes that is my 383 at the machine shop. I got them used, but I haven’t run them yet. They were in a strong running 383, and they seem nice and sturdy.

I would gladly pay $350 for a used set of Cranes in good shape, more so than anything new these days under $800. I gravitate to decades old but proven made in America parts.

I would gladly pay $350 for a used set of Cranes in good shape, more so than anything new these days under $800. I gravitate to decades old but proven made in America parts.

I believe the Crane's had issues at one point with the hardening, causing them to break, but was remedied as I understand it. Maybe that's why it seems to me that Isky is the preferred old version of these.

If the product is good quality, I don't care where it is made.

Got a nice set of offset crane gold in my maxwedge, and the original maxwedge irons in my 440. Don't wanna sell either set. Both thoroughly no longer available.
If I HAD to replace the iron adjustables, I think I'd try the 1.6 stainless speedmasters.... but the cam is only a .557 p.s.

Imo, speedmaster stainless rollers for a bbc are $300. Cast iron should be cheaper, so, since they claim a reasonable price, .... $250.
Hopefully they are ductile iron and not plain cast iron.

Auto Transport Service
Back