• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Saw This On FB - 440 Source

I believe the Crane's had issues at one point with the hardening, causing them to break, but was remedied as I understand it. Maybe that's why it seems to me that Isky is the preferred old version of these.

If the product is good quality, I don't care where it is made.
Wasn't that a problem with the adjusters, not the rockers themselves? Good adjusters from ARP fixed em, if I remember right.

No doubt made from the finest chineesium.
Anybody want to gues on the price?
I'll go first:
$349.99
Screenshot_20230910-175746~2.png

Wasn't that a problem with the adjusters, not the rockers themselves? Good adjusters from ARP fixed em, if I remember right.
Exactly... Soft adjusters... I still have three sets of Iskys... If I needed any more I'd be searching for most Isky's...They are proven quality parts... Steve Wann lives a mile from me, all he uses on his Super Stock engines are Iskys... 750-800 lbs over the nose & they don't fail.. My street cars are never gonna hurt them...And in turn they aren't gonna hurt my engines...

Chinese roller rockers & roller tipped rockers are a good way to get tiny hardened steel rollers floating around in your engine...

Posted on FB 13 weeks ago

Screenshot_20230910-180924~2.png

Exactly... Soft adjusters... I still have three sets of Iskys... If I needed any more I'd be searching for most Isky's...They are proven quality parts... Steve Wann lives a mile from me, all he uses on his Super Stock engines are Iskys... 750-800 lbs over the nose & they don't fail.. My street cars are never gonna hurt them...And in turn they aren't gonna hurt my engines...

Chinese roller rockers & roller tipped rockers are a good way to get tiny hardened steel rollers floating around in your engine...
I still have a set of Iskys....for some reason lol

Problem with the Cranes was the rocker arm tips, not being hardened properly and would wear through... Note that this was a short time before they went bankrupt...
Apparently their quality control process went down the tubes...
But going back a few years, their quality control was very good..

Just my $0.02...

I'll go $499.00 and hope the tips are hardened correctly!
I had a set of Crane ductile rockers that the tips wore down on. I don't think I would chance this set or any other ductile rockers again.

My tips wore. My set was bought in 2016/17. They eventually sent me a new set but it took a while. I sold the set.

I started using crane iron rockers either in 1969 or 1970. Even back then they wore divets in the tips. I believe the broken adjuster thing was due to adjuster design change and people still clinging to the 2 or 3 threads showing thing that the engine manuals have stated for years is wrong.

I'm sorry... someone mentioned The Price is Right, and my mind went to Holly Halstrom...

1694435755823.png

I got a set of original maxwedge for my coming 440 build.
...though an extra new set would be nice to have.
Will see if its chinesium or not when they are released.

To answer everyone's questions, sorry they aren't US made. Making them in the US would have cost 3 times as much, and for that type of money, you can just buy regular roller rockers, and there would have been no point to making the Ductile Iron style. They have just shipped out from the manufacturer on Friday (September 15th), so we expect to have them in stock in 4-6 weeks. We expect the price to be $249.95/set. Not 100% set in stone, but fairly likely. The reason for this is we don't end up knowing the exact final costs until the shipment has passed through customs and delivery/warehousing, etc.

To answer everyone's questions, sorry they aren't US made. Making them in the US would have cost 3 times as much, and for that type of money, you can just buy regular roller rockers, and there would have been no point to making the Ductile Iron style. They have just shipped out from the manufacturer on Friday (September 15th), so we expect to have them in stock in 4-6 weeks. We expect the price to be $249.95/set. Not 100% set in stone, but fairly likely. The reason for this is we don't end up knowing the exact final costs until the shipment has passed through customs and delivery/warehousing, etc.
IMO I'd rather have Ductile Iron Rockers over anything short of Harland Sharp, Jessel or other premium roller rockers... I've seen far to many cheap rollers fail in various ways putting tiny bits of hardened metal in the oil...

If you were looking for suggestions before you made your new ductile iron rockers I would have suggested replaceable valve tip wear pads like Isky did and good quality adjusters that don't fail prematurely like the Cranes were known for.... And if you wanted to really do it right bronze bushings where the shaft rides....

Yes, it would cost more to do them with those features... But You would be able to charge more & increase the number of people willing to buy your product...

Auto Transport Service
Back