• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Saw This On FB - 440 Source

The last set of Crane iron rockers I put on a BB was in 2005.
I want to say they were $300 for the rockers and separator springs.
Then add in a pair of shafts.

The last price I remember seeing on them was almost $500.

The ones from 2005 started wearing the adjuster screws down on the dyno.
They were wearing fast enough so that I had to lash the valves every two pulls.

A set of smith brothers adjusters cured that problem.

My go to “budget” rockers now are the HS made Mancini pieces.

I picked up a set of MOPAR originals at MOParty a few weeks ago. I was happy to find them because they are few and far between. I kept thinking Mancinin might come out with a set since they already have new small block rockers that are affordable.
At least if a rocker does break you stand a good chance nothing else gets killed. I've seen stamped rockers punch through due to excessive springs and it just killed the rocker and the push rod. Everything else was ok. I had to ask why such springs and they rattled off something about floating the valves in some car years ago. LOL,

The last set of Crane iron rockers I put on a BB was in 2005.
I want to say they were $300 for the rockers and separator springs.
Then add in a pair of shafts.

The last price I remember seeing on them was almost $500.

The ones from 2005 started wearing the adjuster screws down on the dyno.
They were wearing fast enough so that I had to lash the valves every two pulls.

A set of smith brothers adjusters cured that problem.

My go to “budget” rockers now are the HS made Mancini pieces.
I wish the HS/Mancini rockers were available for heads that require offset rockers (w small block and victor big block)

See post #12
Sorry but per "The Price is Right" rules, you OVERBID by $0.05, and furious took the safe bet by bidding 1$. He still wins as long as the sale price is as stated $249.95 !!

It would be nice if they would take the time to correct the geometry to work with their own heads. Original Cranes and Isky irons are way off with Eddy, Trickflow, and Stealth heads. Harland sharps Eddy style rockers worth the extra $. Eliminates the need for this kind of BS:

IMG_4169.jpeg

Gotta love spending double the money for a half-*** solution !!

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back