• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Scam alert????? 70 Superbird on Ebay

Yeah something's up! Area codes on phone number come back to Pennsylvania (814) and other to New York (716)

Good one to stay away from unless you can see in person.!

Pretty hard to pick which one is not the real owner...but this guy has all the "ordinal" parts installed;

426 Hemi car was Ordinal a 440 6 pack car. The ordinal 440 engine had a problem the car was at the dealership at the time they could not find a 440 engine but found the correct 426 Hemi engine for this 1970 Super Bird. The dealer installed the engine ,All numbers match It came with the factory 2 - 4 barrels and the ordinal slap stick 4 speed pistol grip shifter. The drive train is all ordinal

This guy obviously knows his MoPars :laughing3:

imagesgirl holding head.jpg
I stole this picture from RC. I don't need any copyright problems.

The real car is in Johnstown,PA. That is my hometown and I personally have seen/sat in this car. I first stumbled across this car in that showroom in the mid nineties. Me and a buddy were wasting time one day, "skipping school" and stopped by this place. It is a local shop with various makes of classic cars for sale in various conditions. This car has been inside for YEARS and not moved to the best of my knowledge.

One way to get the alleged "owner" in NY is to ask for a pic of the VIN, together with the front page of today's LOCAL newspaper (with the date visible!). If he can not provide one simple pic requested like that, he doesn't have the car.

The other listing says 4:26 for speed and little paint crack 5 pack scoop lol!

The second listing has been ended. Guess they saw this thread !! LOL

I grew up in Concord California area and never seen or heard of this car in my life. I wonder if my uncle MEEP MEEP has heard of it......

I grew up in Concord California area and never seen or heard of this car in my life. I wonder if my uncle MEEP MEEP has heard of it......

Too funny! The only Super Bird I recall seeing was at the Shell station in Walnut Creek near Kaiser. But it was yellow and have no idea if that was the original color.

Maybe he meant it was bought new in Concord California......was magnussen dodge around then Alex? I wasnt even swimmin in the nut sack in 70.

Good the bad listing got flushed out!

That car is real. It is in an old showroom in Johnstown, Pa right on route 56. THe business name is BK's Klassics. You can see it when you drive by everytime. I know this because I live in Johnstown! And the seller that listed it now, his ebay name is kriegerbk...also legit, because the owners name is Bernie Krieger. Some people just don't have the grammar skills others have I guess!

So what does the car look like in person. Can you provide anymore details from your perspective. Looks like it might be a good driver car. G

Another big red flag is when you encounter such poor grammar, translation etc. Someone well off enough to own a superbird knows 4:26 is a time of day, not an engine. They also know what a scope is. lol. The second listing has been taken down, ebay must of got wind of it.

This guy from DC.com is funny;

Re: White superbird on Ebay
« Reply #8 on: Yesterday at 11:32:09 AM »

i wood realy appreciate it if people who are trying to sell $100:000 cars would atleast pretend that they spent more that three minutes awake in english class over their entire academic careers becuase while the car will sell to the rite buyer at the wright price it does the car no favors to describe it in such short terms with no real detail leaving out huge gaps about what people might want to see and also it makes you look really stoopid to not use any punctuation at all i mean come on you could atleast try and use spell check even if you have to put the thing into word or openoffice or something like that im not sure what to think of people who do that stuff i know i know more than most people about that stuff but atleast trying to sound like something smarter than a dodo bird would really help someone especially in business dont you think

:icon_kidra:

I've never seen the car in person upclose...just driving by. I am just verifying that the car does exist and it is an actual business. lol

They didn't respray the engine bay when they painted the car. Wonder if they jambed it?? Disappointing.

Still a cool car, I wonder why the other listing was removed by the seller? When these scammers normally put up a fake listing they leave it until it sells and don't even bother to correct the mistakes they make.

Auto Transport Service
Back