• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Searching for RUBBER front sway bar bushings - any help?

moparedtn

I got your Staff Member riiiight heeeere...
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:44 PM
Reaction score
Well, I know I don't want the hard-assed squeaky ones that are available, anyways...
Just when I thought I was done fooling with Fred for a while, I noticed this:
IMG_20210707_201512818.jpg
See the shiny mark on the LCA? Yeah, it appears the sway bar has been contacting it some.
(Yes, I know everything looks nasty and dirty down there; I had planned on a thorough scrubbing of it all once my brake project was done - and it is!).
The whole dang sway bar has shifted to the drivers' side, in fact....
Have a look at the drivers' side:
IMG_20210707_201659206.jpg
While the passenger side link is laid way over, the drivers' side is pretty much plumb vertical.

The whole dang bar has obviously moved over, so I guess it's time to replace the bushings,
links, etc.
Of course, Moog got nothing on the bushings (anybody know the old Moog part number?)
and all I can find are the Energy Suspension poly whatevers, which I don't want to fool with do I?
Aren't they notorious for being noisy and hard as rocks?
I know the link kits are easy, since they're common with a lot of GM crap too - so Moog still has a number for those (K-5110).

No, I'm not welder-capable here, so there won't be any of that "cut the strap open/weld it back shut" stuff going on...
I've seen some helpful threads on here from folks like @dadsbee but I'd prefer something like stock bushings. I've seen some "urethane" ones (without the "poly" part). Are those like the originals?

Well, I know I don't want the hard-assed squeaky ones that are available, anyways...
View attachment 1138045
See the shiny mark on the LCA? Yeah, it appears the sway bar has been contacting it some.
(Yes, I know everything looks nasty and dirty down there; I had planned on a thorough scrubbing of it all once my brake project was done - and it is!).
View attachment 1138047
While the passenger side link is laid way over, the drivers' side is pretty much plumb vertical.

The whole dang bar has obviously moved over, so I guess it's time to replace the bushings,
links, etc.
Of course, Moog got nothing on the bushings (anybody know the old Moog part number?)
and all I can find are the Energy Suspension poly whatevers, which I don't want to fool with do I?
I know the link kits are easy, since they're common with a lot of GM crap too - so Moog still has a number for those (K-5110).

No, I'm not welder-capable here, so there won't be any of that "cut the strap open/weld it back shut" stuff going on...
I've seen some helpful threads on here from folks like @dadsbee but I'd prefer something like stock bushings. I've seen some "urethane" ones (without the "poly" part). Are those like the originals?
PST There are a vendor here. https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/forums/performance-suspension-technology.40/

Apparently folks are just looking at the pics I posted instead of actually reading what I'm asking, so...
these things. I'm asking about these things, right here:
IMG_20210707_201622505.jpg
IMG_20210707_201633025.jpg

I don’t think they make rubber replacements for those. Only the poly ones for replacements, installation is hit or miss between figuring out a way to press the new ones into the bracket after getting them over the end of the bar. Most people end up cutting a weld and putting the bushing in place and re-welding it.

I made mine. Rubber company gave me some scrap the right thickness and I cut it out on a band-saw and used a belt sander. You will change colors when you do it.

I made mine. Rubber company gave me some scrap the right thickness and I cut it out on a band-saw and used a belt sander. You will change colors when you do it.
To red with anger and frustration? :lol:

Idk, maybe just me, but I don't think the poly sway bar bushings are a bad deal. I have no trouble getting them installed without cutting the welds either. These and the sway bar end link bushings are the only things I run poly in. Everything else is rubber.

....and miss out on yet another 10-page thread that has no action taken on advice given?? :rofl:
If you're not helping - you're hurting.

You've improperly used the word "condescending" recently while taking one of your numerous snipes at me.
That's ok, though - you've just offered up a correct example of what the word actually means in your
comment here, so congrats on that. :thumbsup:

Your behavior against myself on numerous occasions, should it have been undertaken by a member instead
of a member of "staff" here (moderator), would be grounds for said member being suspended.
The conclusion is that you either are incapable of remaining impartial (and God forbid, helpful) as
an empowered member of "staff" of this forum - or you simply choose not to, which leads to a further
conclusion - that such behavior by "staff" is condoned by ownership - otherwise, it wouldn't be allowed.

What say ye @Joeychgo ??

View attachment 1138045
View attachment 1138047

links, etc.

I got these from Amazon:
MOOG K5241
They were not perfect replicas, but fit over the bar and in the bushing retainers. I then just gave up and got a Hellwig 5904 sway bar since most of my rebuild suspension is poly. YMMV...

Auto Transport Service
Back