• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seat Belt Thread Pitch

oztornado

Local time
8:52 AM
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the correct thread for seat belt bolts in my 1972 Satellite. I have 7/16 - 20 bolts with my new belts but they don't seem to fit. Visually they are appear the same pitch but the thread depth is bigger on the 7-16-20.The 7/16 bolt is bigger by the smallest fraction. Have tried a 7/16 tap but seems way to tight.

Try running a 'thread chaser' through the holes from the underside of the car. Lacking the tool, run one of the new bolts from the bottom up to clean the threads. Use a rust penetrant oil.

I have correct original bolts if you need any PM me

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the seat belt anchors a 'locking' type thread?...or is it that mine just had undercoating in the threads?

there are not that many choices of thread pitch.as long as you are sure you didnt get metric bolts on accident and the threads will"drop into each other" they are correct.seat belt bolts are always very tight.

There are 'locking' type nuts (ny-loc and oval-top) but no locking type bolts that I've ever seen in my 55 years of messing with cars.

Auto Transport Service
Back