• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Semi-Retirement Jobs

The Rebel

Local time
4:18 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys, looking to cut back on my work hours and looking for some ideas of new jobs to apply to.

I'd like to work full time Mon-Thurs 8:30am-5pm but have Fri-Sun off. No weekends or holidays.

Anyone know or have a job that fits what I'm looking for?

Thanks in advance!

Buy a tow truck or rollback. Make your own hours.

Open a golf pro-shop, & become a golf pro :carrot:

nevermind

I put more in or almost as much hrs
in that part-time gig/"semi-retied" no such thing
since I was 38 in 1997
( to be with the kids, after Lisa was sick & later gone)
then I did my full-time gig
as a
In-house Contractor/Facitlity Mngt/Dealership Group construction/remodel Co.
that I still did, after semi-retiring :jackoff: , mostly 'consulting' until July 2021
when I turned 62

I'm in dialogue with the manager at the O'Reilly's near my house. I think it would be a fun job for the most part, but I was in the store shopping yesterday during a nasty downpour. Eight customers appeared and we're asking for wiper blades installation. It occurred to me that installing wiper blades on SUVs in a cold downpour wouldn't be fun.

The same goes for battery installation on 104F days, too.

I'll still probably give it a try.

I'm in dialogue with the manager at the O'Reilly's near my house. I think it would be a fun job for the most part, but I was in the store shopping yesterday during a nasty downpour. Eight customers appeared and we're asking for wiper blades installation. It occurred to me that installing wiper blades on SUVs in a cold downpour wouldn't be fun.

The same goes for battery installation on 104F days, too.

I'll still probably give it a try.

That's what I do part time but the pay is mediocre :rolleyes: I do like it though.

school bus driver. in high demand and easy work . i’m making great money , state pension and summers off . i should of done this a long time ago …. i work 4 hours a day , they consider that full time . i could work more hours but not in my plan … don’t need too…

I bought a mill and a lathe... Make parts for the company I use to work for.... I still do an occasional field service for the company but it's gone from 2-3 trips a month to a trip to 2-3 trips a year... I like it..

Last edited:
I have been thinking about being a parts driver as my dad did that after he retired. At that time it was Carquest.

When I was thinking about retiring, I thought that I'd need to take a part time job to keep me busy, but I have found that I have so much to keep me semi-busy that no part time job is needed, plus, my newfound freedom from my previous business has only given me more resolve to never want to work again.

However, here's a couple suggestions me .......

Work at a local hardware store.
Work for a car dealer moving cars around.

This is an interesting thread, I'm getting real close to an early retirement thanks to a very good pension plan and 30 years of commitment. I have alot of hobbies and plenty of old hotrods to toy with but wouldn't mind working very part time. For me it would be just a few days a week on my terms. I'm thinking of buying a dually pickup and a trailer to haul/deliver for hire.

Even though I have 45 years until I can retire, I was thinking about working part time at Victoria’s Secret.

This is an interesting thread, I'm getting real close to an early retirement thanks to a very good pension plan and 30 years of commitment. I have alot of hobbies and plenty of old hotrods to toy with but wouldn't mind working very part time. For me it would be just a few days a week on my terms. I'm thinking of buying a dually pickup and a trailer to haul/deliver for hire.
i can tell ya round here , amish in area building sheds and people buying them all day . guys been hauling sheds for amish sales can’t keep up . charge varies with size and miles , start at $300 and up !!!

The guy from NAPA that delivers parts to our shop is a retired medical device salesman. He said all the deliveries are within 10 miles of the store, he knows who has good coffee and donuts, works as much or as little as he wants to and gets a nice discount on parts. It seems like a pretty good gig for part time work…

Even though I have 45 years until I can retire, I was thinking about working part time at Victoria’s Secret.
I'm trying to get a job as a bra-fitter.
1707489053246.png

school bus driver. in high demand and easy work . i’m making great money , state pension and summers off . i should of done this a long time ago …. i work 4 hours a day , they consider that full time . i could work more hours but not in my plan … don’t need too…

Check your local district requirements.

Here, the 4 hours you work are- 4:30 am to 6:30 am and then 2:30 pm to 4:30 pm...

...and you don't get paid for the time in between.

When I was thinking about retiring, I thought that I'd need to take a part time job to keep me busy, but I have found that I have so much to keep me semi-busy that no part time job is needed, plus, my newfound freedom from my previous business has only given me more resolve to never want to work again.

However, here's a couple suggestions me .......

Work at a local hardware store.
Work for a car dealer moving cars around.
I've looked at the "automobile porter" ads on indeed.com, but they all say full time plus weekends. I might apply and see if part time would be considered.

My suggestion- buy rental property.

We "work" about three weeks per year, all combined and averaged on our two properties.

Including taking checks to the bank, doing taxes, coordinating repairs and actually doing repairs ourselves between tenants.

Best part time "second job" we've ever had.

I just retired in Dec. I have enough stuff here at the house to keep me busy at least the next year. Then I MIGHT look for something a couple days a week,,,,maybe. Maybe not

I just finished installing a new sliding patio door last week. Its been here since OCT.

We looked at tile for the house last weekend. And odds are are going up next weekend to order 150 boxes ( 3 pallets of it ) So I have my summer spoken for
Plan is remodel both bathrooms as well

Am talking to a guy and maybe take on and complete his 68 Charger when it comes out of the bodyshop this spring / early summer.

Like I said, at least a year. if at all.

Auto Transport Service
Back