• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seriously, poll to see if you are a avid racer or once in awhile racer ***POLL****

How many times a year do you DRAG Race

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i had to look in my log book...last year i put 119 passes on the car..i was lucky enough to get to three semi finals (went red 2 times..and took to much stripe the 3rd time and broke out.)...so far this year i have put 39 passes on it...with one semi final...i had early spring issues with the engine that set me back. i suppose i'll still get around 100 passes this year again.
View attachment 204265

Al I agree as you have one really fine looking Mopar. It really has the cool Nostalgic look to it and thats the kind of Mopars I like. Very nice launch also. Ron

Use to race about 6 times every year until I hurt the motor in the 64 a few years back. Couldn't afford to fix it and finish building my 32 Plymouth so continued on with the hotrod/streetcar project. Told myself I didn't need another racecar so 32 was only for the street. But I guess wants its in your blood your screwed. Been racing the hotrod last couple years about 3 times yearly just to scratch the itch. Building a blown wedge for it this winter. Looking at some of the early B's on this site is making me want to get the 64 running again. _MG_4876.jpgIMG_2814.jpg

Use to race about 6 times every year until I hurt the motor in the 64 a few years back. Couldn't afford to fix it and finish building my 32 Plymouth so continued on with the hotrod/streetcar project. Told myself I didn't need another racecar so 32 was only for the street. But I guess wants its in your blood your screwed. Been racing the hotrod last couple years about 3 times yearly just to scratch the itch. Building a blown wedge for it this winter. Looking at some of the early B's on this site is making me want to get the 64 running again

nice rides, by the way too

I try to go as often as I can. Sonoma Raceway has bracket racing every Wed from March to Nov. and 13 Bracket meets (2 day events). Its only about 45 minutes away from my house. My wife was talking moving last year but, I told her it would have to be close to a track otherwise seeya. I am pretty excited about this year with some of the mods I have done to trim weight, makeing it more aero. Nothing done to the motor just getting all the holes and wind out of the motor and wheel wells. So far I have removed front brakes, exhuast, and have got the car down to 2990 from 3120. without me. My goal is hitting the 10's so far my best last year was 11.06

This year I should be out 25 weekends to race. With a extended race schedule with NENDRA, Small tire racing, and a few NSS races, my schedule is full for the year.

Just picked up a 63 Belvedere, too crappy to use as a street car so it will be a race only bracket car.Got lots of parts laying around to use up.
IF it turns out to be a good car then a little more will be invested to go NSS racing. Starting this week,, and may be done in time for the MATS race in Las Vegas.

Just picked up a 63 Belvedere, too crappy to use as a street car so it will be a race only bracket car.Got lots of parts laying around to use up.
IF it turns out to be a good car then a little more will be invested to go NSS racing. Starting this week,, and may be done in time for the MATS race in Las Vegas.

Good choice of cars

Use to race about 6 times every year until I hurt the motor in the 64 a few years back. Couldn't afford to fix it and finish building my 32 Plymouth so continued on with the hotrod/streetcar project. Told myself I didn't need another racecar so 32 was only for the street. But I guess wants its in your blood your screwed. Been racing the hotrod last couple years about 3 times yearly just to scratch the itch. Building a blown wedge for it this winter. Looking at some of the early B's on this site is making me want to get the 64 running again.View attachment 228887

very cool cars. I'd like to hear and see some more of that 32 Plymouth

I know,I know it's a FaFaFa four door.BUT I have a plan. I have another 63 Fury back east two door hardtop.Just a shell that is tubbed and caged waiting for paint at the body shop.Plan is build this, work out the bugs and race a bit. THEN transfer the running gear into the hardtop next summer back in PA.

Attachments

• IMG_2176.jpg
    IMG_2176.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 156
Love that 32 Plymouth

Well, I was out a few times in 2013. Car was slower than I expected, 11.85 - 111 & I had figured it for low 11's. Been fixing a few things and a bigger cam from my old stock. I hope to get out a couple times a month when we don't have snow. From 1974 thru 1989 I was at the track two days a week.

Auto Transport Service
Back