• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shop busted for restamping numbers

Some chump with too much bloody money was paying extra for original stamps, but got new ones?

With everything going on in the world right now, how can anyone give a flying f$&@?

Some chump with too much bloody money was paying extra for original stamps, but got new ones?

With everything going on in the world right now, how can anyone give a flying f$&@?
The shop committed fraud by illegally stamping a block and trying to pass it off as an original factory piece. Whether the person who bought it was a chump with too much money is irrelevant. Maybe he was a great, down to earth guy and it was his dream that he had saved for years to achieve? Maybe he was a rich, stuck up snob? Either way, it doesn't matter, the fault is with the shop, not the buyer.

In my opinion, this kind of fraud is bad for the hobby as a whole. I too, feel like the shop got off with a slap on the wrist.

The shop committed fraud by illegally stamping a block and trying to pass it off as an original factory piece. Whether the person who bought it was a chump with too much money is irrelevant. Maybe he was a great, down to earth guy and it was his dream that he had saved for years to achieve? Maybe he was a rich, stuck up snob? Either way, it doesn't matter, the fault is with the shop, not the buyer.

In my opinion, this kind of fraud is bad for the hobby as a whole. I too, feel like the shop got off with a slap on the wrist.
That’s because it probably seemed ridiculous to the judge.

The whole matching number thing seems a little like fairy dust, crypto currency, or tulip bulbs to me. If it weren’t for “the hobby” it’s value would be zero.

Anyone with half a brain knows this country’s resources would be better spent trying to figure out how to get a consistent launch with a clutch car on slicks.

Auto Transport Service
Back