• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

should i invest in fiat chrysler stocks? (They are at about 8$ right now)

Speaking of ford...

I saw a news article that some major airlines are selling/scrapping their 777's.

That was a short life.

Looks like Mulally's TV show project wasn't the great success in the long term as it was during rating season and just prior to his high profile move to ford.

IDK, he made me a TON of money at ford during the great recession though.
While some 777s are being retired and scrapped, that's not unusual. How many 747s have been scrapped? The 777 has been built for twenty five years and a lot of early models are ready to go, however it's still popular and still in production with hundreds on the order books.. It is the world's best selling wide-body airliner.

Watch for Boeing stock to continue to rise. It's at 120 a share think the turn around is coming for these folks. Even with nobody flying it's still headed upwatd.

Watch for Boeing stock to continue to rise. It's at 120 a share think the turn around is coming for these folks. Even with nobody flying it's still headed upwatd.
I don’t know that I touch Boeing for a while yet. They’re saying the industry may not be back for another 5 years. Less than a year ago it was at around $400 a share. Now around $120. Tempting but I think too long of a turn around story. I would say again there are too many other quality stocks on sale that will come back much sooner - we hope.

I think now that the settlement of the two planes that went down is coming to a end and with this new social distance thing they can spread people out and still have more on the plane. Then when a vaccine comes out people will fly more. But the big planes will already be in the sky and can take on more flyers easier than later. Yes the stock going to be slow build up but it's coming sooner than later.

While I often look at what's happening in the business world, I don't buy stocks. With a single exception: When CN Rail started offering shares in 1995, the company had an investment opportunity for employees whereby you could buy shares on a payroll plan over a year. So I bought $1,000 and the company matched it so after that year I had $2,000 worth. I still have them, they've split three times and are worth $97,116 today. Plus the dividends on those stocks, paid quarterly is over $1,000 per year so even if I never sell them or they became worthless overnight I'm still way ahead.

I owned CSX for a while.

It did OK.

I've looked at NS and CN a few times.

Can't beat a company match.

If I'd have bought CNI when I first started tracking it in 2007, Id be up 560%.

If I'd have bought NSC when first tracked in 2001, I'd be up 900%.

DOH (smacks forehead)!

The airlines have lost 90% of their business and will recover some but like mentioned, it might take awhile. They had a decent rebound after hitting a bottom but have been trailing off ever since.

My days of the long ball are over, no more hail Mary's. My time has past when I looked and then jumped. Young folks need to invest in aggressive moves. I have nothing left to prove. Big companies stocks that are down only because of slow business in this Corona BS are a buy for me. They can and will weather this storm due to billions in reserves. My new buys are up 14 percent, bringing my losses down to a point that I can more than live with. It a waiting game for me now.

Why do you think FCA Stocks are a bad idea? (if you do)

They are at about 8$ right now, bevor corona they have been worth about double that!
I think there is a pretty good chance they recover to 16$ again after the recession is over.
That would mean doubling the investment.
And even if they dont. I dont think they will go even lower than now when times get better again?
So even if there is no money to be made i think there is at least not that much of a risk involved?

For me it looks like a dream investment:
High potential gains with pretty low risk.
Yeah i know that sounds to good to be true. But in times like this or with insider trading, why not?

But probably your're right and its a dumb idea that wont work out.

If you have a couple grand that won’t break the bank if you loose it go ahead and buy, I just wouldn’t stick a lot of money in it for reasons posted by other members. Who knows it could skyrocket after this plandemic is over

Buy FCA stock? Here's an equivalent option: Purchase a dozen '79 Chrysler 300s and put them away in storage for at least ten years. :lol:

I wonder if it will be sold off again. Would be nice to see America hold three top auto makers again. I know it's a pipe dream.

Auto Transport Service
Back