• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

should i invest in fiat chrysler stocks? (They are at about 8$ right now)

Here's the real question.... How many here really understand your answer? As a long standing investor I know few understand most of these terms.
What I listed is pretty basic stuff for someone that wants to be an investor. Also, most get confused when talking about shorting stocks which IMO is fairly basic stuff too and learned 'accidentally' but if you want to see really glazed over eyeballs, start talking about trading options LOL. I really miss doing that stuff now that I don't have the funds anymore but the big win happened a few months later after realizing I was much happier once the X was out of my life :D

Brother start small and build again. Some great opportunities out there right now.

A little help here, not all the answers, but a little insight.

Autozone's EPS is 65?

I've never seen one that high!

Come on, Cranky you could buy 1 or 2 shares.

Another mental hurdle is that $1200 for 2 shares of a $600 stock is really no different than 200 shares of a $6 stock.

The only real issue is if you get to a point where you want to sell a third of your shares.

In my opinion, you should never buy stocks based on an emotional connection. You think they are good cars and believe in the company so you want to buy them. In many cases, that is a recipe for disaster as I liken this to betting on your home town sports team because you know them, love them, and believe that they can win every game. Product quality is just a small portion to look at when purchasing stocks, especially in the short term.

The nice thing is, it's a personal choice and if you personally think it's a good investment and you can afford to invest and wait, by all means go for it.
Well, if you know and love the local team and they show promise and do win games......

Brother start small and build again. Some great opportunities out there right now.
Oh I'm trying. Did some stumbling at first but looks like maybe things may go more to my liking. Started in 83 after saving 12k and doing some studying and paper trading (over 30K in today's money) and doubled within a year. That hooked me lol

...oh, and as much of the price of a stock is based on the perception of what people think it's worth as is based on earnings or book value.

I'm also buying self storage.

It was good before but I see a need for people downsizing or plain losing their houses to put their stuff somewhere.

You'd be amazed what people will pay a monthly fee to keep.
Some of it is pure crap.
...but they keep paying.

Autozone's EPS is 65?

I've never seen one that high!

Come on, Cranky you could buy 1 or 2 shares.

Another mental hurdle is that $1200 for 2 shares of a $600 stock is really no different than 200 shares of a $6 stock.

The only real issue is if you get to a point where you want to sell a third of your shares.
Yup but their stock price is over 1000 bucks. Take a look at BRK.A stock. 5,983 EPS but their price is 253.8k.....and take a look at a 5 year chart of BRK.A stock. Used to follow it and considered buying just 1 share. Could have made money on it but you can't trade options on just 1 share. Gotta have 100 shares of a stock just to trade one option contract.

What do they pay?

I've been leaning heavily towards payers for the last few years.

Is that Berksire Hathaway?

I looked at one of them at $120.

Last edited:
AZO don't pay :(

Advance Auto's chart looks the same but at $125 and a .83 dividend.

Analyst ratings are generally buy but not as strong as Autozone.

Speaking of ford...

I saw a news article that some major airlines are selling/scrapping their 777's.

That was a short life.

Looks like Mulally's TV show project wasn't the great success in the long term as it was during rating season and just prior to his high profile move to ford.

IDK, he made me a TON of money at ford during the great recession though.

I’ll be the first to admit I’ve done some pretty stupid things while investing in stocks in my early days. I cringe when I think about some of the bets I’ve made mostly on emotion or a supposed tip I got from some know it all. There’s no shortage of ways to lose money in the market. There are also plenty of ways to make money as well but you have to know what you’re doing. If it was simple everyone would be rich.

For a guy like the OP my suggestion would be to put your hard earned cash in a mutual fund like the S&P 500 and contribute small amounts regularly and watch it grow over time. It’s not sexy but it’s reasonably safe and you don’t have to know a whole lot.

If you just have to invest in individual stocks then you’d better study up on market and stock fundamentals or be prepared to lose a good chunk of your money. Even with that I think FCA would be a poor bet in this roller coaster market we’re in. Many, many better stocks to buy right now.

Is that Berksire Hathaway?

I looked at one of them at $120.
Berkshire Hathaway Inc. Class A stock....BRK.A There are several (or was) different stocks within the Hathaway group.

Politics, church and money are things that people all see differently. Everyone has a theory on how to make money, including me. At the end of the day, I'd like to keep my friends.

I'm also buying self storage.

It was good before but I see a need for people downsizing or plain losing their houses to put their stuff somewhere.

You'd be amazed what people will pay a monthly fee to keep.
Some of it is pure crap.
...but they keep paying.
Most need the money and sell in times like this. Two ways of looking at it, you picked one. Some pick the other.

so what's the market play for "the other"?

The gamble of needing money now. Paying 300 a month to store needed money is not a bet I'd take. Two views.

Auto Transport Service
Back