• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Side glass weatherstripping...

Jonnyuma

Local time
10:32 PM
Reaction score
I drove the Cordoba to work the other day but it had gotten so dirty I had to run it through the car wash first. I knew the weatherstripping on the outside of the side windows was bad, but since I usually hand-wash the thing I never really noticed just how much water was pouring into the doors. It sounded like a Zen garden waterfall...in STEREO.
Anybody replaced these pieces recently? They look to be perfectly straight, like a universal-fit part could work. Cut-to-fit vs custom (expensive) stuff. Any suppliers you know of? Or am I gonna have to make some Chevy part work?
Thanks

Try calling Year One... They are expensive folks to deal with but do stand behind what they sell.. 1-800-932-7663, I tried to find a old slip from my Satty strips to give you an idea what they cost but cant find one.. I don't think there that bad though.. Good luck!

Thanks. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but 120 bucks? Yowza. I wasn't expecting THAT. Glad you told me Cordobas were under F bodies, i probably would have given up before I got there.
Am I gonna have to take the side windows out? I've had the door panels off several times, and had the window motors out, even. But I do not relish the idea of taking the glass out.

I got my weather stripping from jims...Worked out great..I didnt have to remove my glass..
Petty Blue 67 gtx

I'm wondering if you need the rubber seal that goes around the window that is attached to the car or the window "fuzzies" on the door. Metro soft seal sells the seal that goes around the window on the car http://www.metrommp.com/ part # RR 4010 @ $151.65 for the set. This is both sides. The "fuzzies" are still available as well but you will need to contact First Place Automotive Products, the part # is the Wix-103. Yes this is the same # as quoted previously so you may need to do a little research to verify which product you need.

I used the Metro Molded weatherstripping and found it to be high quality and it basically fell into place, no leaks in more than three years.

Auto Transport Service
Back