• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Six Pack Installed

Garys1969RR

Local time
10:49 AM
Reaction score
Got the Six Pack Installation finished today, test drove it and WHAT A DIFFERENCE!. Boy that thing literally lights up the rear tires in first and second gear! And it's making a huge amount of torque! I'm very impressed with the set up, and would definitely encourage anyone who is considering installing one, to go ahead and do it! Very happy with the results.

- - - Updated - - -

Still have some minor adjustments to do, center carb seems to be idling a little rich. But everything is working great! I have the kickdown linkage available if anyone is interested. Brand new, still in the package.

street/strip, nothing works better than a 6pak,....nothing!

I knew you'd be happy with the six pack. I believe you had an earlier thread on the subject. I have one on my 68 GTX and have been very happy with it for many years. Congratulations on your upgrade and enjoy!

I have one on my 62 Dart. It likes to surge when going down the road....

Glad it's running good. A digital tach and vaccum gauge will help you get the center carb tuned.

might be interested in linkage, please PM me

street/strip, nothing works better than a 6pak,....nothing!

That I do believe! Can't wait to get it to Bandimere for some 1/4 mile times.

- - - Updated - - -

And I see what you have been recommending, as far as going to a black spring in the secondary diaphragm. It has a slight hesitation/flat spot as the outboards quickly open. I guess they are the stock yellow ones in there now. But it's not bad. I kinda like it, because then you know right when to hold on! Also, when you let off the gas pedal, it still pulls for a half second before the engine shuts down! Now that is scary. I suppose I need a stronger return spring on the center carb. Or better yet, 2 springs.

- - - Updated - - -

And I see what you have been recommending, as far as going to a black spring in the secondary diaphragm. It has a slight hesitation/flat spot as the outboards quickly open. I guess they are the stock yellow ones in there now. But it's not bad. I kinda like it, because then you know right when to hold on! Also, when you let off the gas pedal, it still pulls for a half second before the engine shuts down! Now that is scary. I suppose I need a stronger return spring on the center carb. Or better yet, 2 springs.

Check to make sure you don't have the carbs to the intake over tightened and the secondary butterflies are sticking open for a second or two. Disconnect the secondary linkage to the center carb and open the secondary's manually to see if they are sticking.

Here's the return spring I'm using trouble free.
http://www.billrolikenterprises.com/proddetail.asp?prod=3462704

Check to make sure you don't have the carbs to the intake over tightened and the secondary butterflies are sticking open for a second or two. Disconnect the secondary linkage to the center carb and open the secondary's manually to see if they are sticking.

Here's the return spring I'm using trouble free.
http://www.billrolikenterprises.com/proddetail.asp?prod=3462704
this too!

- - - Updated - - -

That I do believe! Can't wait to get it to Bandimere for some 1/4 mile times.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

the yellow springs, which were factory, will have a mild hesitation from a low rpm roll at WOT. a manifold with the heat blocked will make this more noticeable. the purple springs are a nice compromise and will give a little more lower rpm torque. the yellows will e.t. the best. anything heavier than purples is a waste of metal. those carbs should close when the throttle is let up without any hang on. check to make sure the throttle blades on the end carbs are not going past center and adjust their opening by bending the tab where the diaphragm rod attaches to the throttle shaft. also look to make sure the kill bleeds are not blocked. i always take new carbs apart and go over them. i also use some 600 grit paper to take the sharp edges of the end carb throttle blades to prevent sticking.

what carb/manifold were you using before the 6pak?

I was using the Performer RPM intake with a Holley 780 mounted on top. It ran a best of 13.30 @ 100 MPH. Will take it to Thunder Mountain on wed to test out the car with the six pack installed.

Update: 12.90 ET @ 105 MPH with the six pack. 5600 feet elevation. Picked up .4 sec and 5 MPH over the Performer RPM intake and 3310 carb.

Welcome to the 12 second club!

The ET improvement comes not only from an increase in peak HP, but mainly from a big increase in torque throughout the RPM range. I really like the way the six pack increases torque. Its always there, no matter what RPM your at.

Hoping for Aug/Sept. But not for sure, still mountains of work to do!

Hoping to have the engine in place by the end of the month.

Congratulations! I have NEVER felt any 4 barrel carb kick me in the *** like when the outboard carbs open on my 6 pack!

Auto Transport Service
Back