• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

six pack pro's and con's?

Stuart, I'd like to know more about those Demons. I see no vacuum diaphragms. Can you tell me about how they work?

six pack for show...4 bbl for racing dough

negative, tried it. a well dialed in six pack would out et every single 4 combo i tired on a mild iron headed 440. a tm7 with a 850 had 2 more mph but it was still slower in the 1/4. you start talking 500 cubes and after market heads then its a different deal.

here is mine in my 73 challenger hemi grind, 915 heads 383sixpak2.jpg3836pk1.jpg3836pak3.jpg

I had a A12 car a few years ago.Everyone says they are hard to tune and a pain.Not at all I had no tuning problems.You have to learn how to tighten down your fuel line to keep them from leaking that was my biggest pain.But I will say this there is NOTHING like the feel of a 440 with a six pack on top.

Jim

From my point of view nothing beats a six pack on a mopar. Some might say it is hard to tune, i say that plug and play isn´t fun anyways...:headbang:

dsc00640jx.jpg

I'm new on here and love Six Packs! I'm on my third set up in my current car ('66 C body (sorry!)) My 440 Magnum started out as 4 barrel, then i bought a complete new six pack for it (15.6 1/2
4 mile, next phase was a mild Promax engine and one of their six packs 14.2 1/4 mile, now my latest is a 500 stroker (12.55 with Promax six pack) now with a TMP full mechanical triple 500 cfm set up (like a Ford). The mechanical secondries are miles better than the stock vacuum set up!!!! 1/4 times are unknown as yet, still a couple of weeks away.907_4981620899528_712853743_n.jpg

I'm new on here and love Six Packs! I'm on my third set up in my current car ('66 C body (sorry!)) My 440 Magnum started out as 4 barrel, then i bought a complete new six pack for it (15.6 1/2
4 mile, next phase was a mild Promax engine and one of their six packs 14.2 1/4 mile, now my latest is a 500 stroker (12.55 with Promax six pack) now with a TMP full mechanical triple 500 cfm set up (like a Ford). The mechanical secondries are miles better than the stock vacuum set up!!!! 1/4 times are unknown as yet, still a couple of weeks away.

Thanks I'm looking forward to hearing an update on this and what is your C-Body noosacuda?

Also welcome and head over to the welcome wagon and show us some more pictures of it.

Stuart, I'd like to know more about those Demons. I see no vacuum diaphragms. Can you tell me about how they work?
rusty, the demon carbs are 250cfm apiece. all 3 carbs are the same size as the center 6-pak; 1 1/2" throttle bores and 1 3/16" venturis. very small for a 440, but would probably be fine on a 318-360.

I've wanted a Six Pack setup since they came out in 69. Forty four years later, the dream comes true. Just installed an original aluminum Edelbrock intake and carbs on my 69 GTX. When you punch it, it just pulls and pulls and pulls and pulls.... It's the only way to fly. :laughing7:

Img_2098.jpg

Img_2099.jpg

Img_2100.jpg

1966 Chrysler 300 coupe, pretty rare in Oz, but full-size cars are gaining popularity. Like Mopar lovers i dream of owing a Daytona or Superbird, but i'd love to put my engine in an A12 Superbee, even a clone i wouldn't worry about driving it and clocking up the miles.benaraby club day 21.8.jpgSC20121024-104306.jpgFCUTS 098.jpg

Better off getting the carbs from Promax right from the start.
What do you guys think about SixPack Performance out of Albuquerque? Couldn't find any old threads here on FBBO about them. I would think there would be at least a few people who've had their setups.

just buy the repops. i wouldn't give a nickel extra to get promax or anybody else's carbs. i live in the indy area and have talked to people who blew money on"special carbs and parts (promax) and some weren't satisfied, and some could have easily done the work themselves. the carbs don't need any special gadgets or widgets. the only problem they suffer is they're too lean on the idle circuts and the main metering on the center carb is too lean.

I'd recommend the braided fuel line kit,secondary metering blocks and rear carb base plate from Promax, all make tuning and life easier with a six pack.
Also, i forgot mention it's a 5 1/2 drive each way to the Willowbank drag strip for me too!

I'd recommend the braided fuel line kit,secondary metering blocks and rear carb base plate from Promax, all make tuning and life easier with a six pack.
Also, i forgot mention it's a 5 1/2 drive each way to the Willowbank drag strip for me too!

Promax's rear carb base works great but you can get the secondary plates from Quick Fuel for 1/3 the price.

Attachments

• P7030574.JPG
    P7030574.JPG
    124.3 KB · Views: 381
Auto Transport Service
Back